Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model D, Driver Assist, Model X and Model 3 Test Drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the media is overwhelmingly biased regarding TSLA, and the stock market is beset with a fossil fuel "endowment effect", I am growing increasing convinced that TSLA price action is/will be driven by test drives. They cannot negatively spin the reality of a test drive.

Model X rides will probably begin after the first batch of Signatures went out, as like the S. The first time getting behind the wheel may be another 3 months. And Model 3 has yet to be announced officially, so probably 2017, at the point when they get into at least beta models.

I originally started this thread (in the investment section) because I felt that test drives were/are/will be the driving force behind tsla price action. Apparently, the mods saw it differently.

Hi, Jack: regardless of how you saw the thread evolving, it went its own merry way down a different path. Best to give a thread a good hard shove in the direction you'd like to see it take by (a) titling it to shape the directions, e.g. "Effect of new model test drives on TSLA" and (b) crafting the first post to reinforce that direction.

It refers to the predilection of people to value more highly what they already own, rather than an alternative that may seem to others to be of equal or greater value.
And there is an Inverse Endowment Effect regarding the D Version versus the plain ol' oh-so-dated P85 Model S...at least for this pitiful, woebegone, drooling consumer. Who has an unlikely ally in his wife, as she thinks the safety features of autopilot are spectacular....

Poor OP Jack - too much fun taking this thread off in all directions...