Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC not as effective recently???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Range Mode or Eco Mode? I think the HVAC system calls it Eco Mode.

I have noticed the outside fan/compressor runs louder after the 2nd version 6 update.

I decided to turn range mode off yesterday. Then today I noticed that the fan speed, which had always peaked at "8" now peaks at "11". And it's colder. I don't know if this is v. 6.0, or just range mode. Anyway, the car stayed cool.

I know from past discussions with Tesla service techs that the Model S has had different cabin temperature hardware and placement through its evolution. So this effect we are seeing may be due to a bug introduced in v6.0 where the wrong temperature software is being used for earlier VINs.

So, my vin is 5884 or so. For those that have noticed climate control issues, what's your vin?

I have never had range mode on and I checked and it is still off. Basically, I would keep the HVAC temp between 72-74. Now I have to go to 69 to get any real air flow and it is a bit disappointing even then.

I just got back from having some work done at the service center. I wonder if it is related?

Even when I put it to 69 the fan indicator shows ¾'s fan. Outside temp is about 85 FYI.

I appreciate your assistance!
John