Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Long Wait starts Today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that I was going to have to wait until March for my Tesla, but after today's decision to swap to AWD.... Possibly September..?...
Living in the middle of nowhere, we have suffered some hard winters..so I hope I'm making the better decision to curb my excitement for 6 long months..
This may also mean that infer-structure may have advanced? plus who knows whatever other small changes they will or won't have made ?

watching from the sidelines....

Yes had basically the same car on order - but have had to reorder it with the new 'matrix'
interestingly - for me at least - the new pricing works out to be the same as before...ie had the Tech Pack and parking sensors on order before - and whilst the Tech Pack has increased in price (by exactly the price of parking sensors) they and the fog lights are now included. So to get the same spec car but with dual motors only costs the £3.2? K diffrence.

Interesting, I was told they could do not do that and all I could do was lose the 2k deposit and reorder.

Im I waiting for a late December delivery of an S85 similar spec to you. I had noticed the pricing with the tech pack, fog lights and parking sensors too.

To be fair.... I was going to originally get mine 1st March 2015 - so even though I had decided to order one in August... Because of work/travel commitments- I had said I didn't want it in December - which would have been otherwise - I assume the problem is that you have a vin..and production will be any time...so that may explain the diffrence in attitude between the two orders...
just speculation..and sorry if it hasn't quite worked out for you..from the looks of it, the rear drive car can still get around quite well in winter assuming the correct tyres are fitted...
i'm you will be delighted when it turns up - and you'll have had 9 months more enjoyment before me

The honest answer is I have no idea. I went to the Tilburg Tesla centre a couple of weeks ago - well worth the effort if your that way on - it was hinted there, that they thought July..my dashboard says August....the main site says September...
So if it's earlier on in July...by the time it's late July...even if ready...I will not be taking delivery until 1st September (3 weeks summer break) so not worth having it delivered and sat doing nothing on a 15 plate - I'll sacrifice the 2 week max driving time - for a 65 plate.
Only problem is, the not really knowing, so how to plan ?... 1st world problem, I know..

the long wait continues ....

The honest answer is I have no idea. I went to the Tilburg Tesla centre a couple of weeks ago - well worth the effort if your that way on - it was hinted there, that they thought July..my dashboard says August....the main site says September...
So if it's earlier on in July...by the time it's late July...even if ready...I will not be taking delivery until 1st September (3 weeks summer break) so not worth having it delivered and sat doing nothing on a 15 plate - I'll sacrifice the 2 week max driving time - for a 65 plate.
Only problem is, the not really knowing, so how to plan ?... 1st world problem, I know..

the long wait continues ....

Hi Yorkshire_By_Eck ... I spoke with my salesperson today to see if it is worth waiting for an S85D as I feel I could wait for July but Sept/Oct is a bit too far away and he has said that a P85D could be as early as July but realistically S85D's won't commence until September....

We'll have to wait and see!

Roy