Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any guesses when we will see P85D loaners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of threads about trade-ins, but I realistically can't justify it even though it's amazing to think about. But the idea of having one for a day is very appealing. I also wonder if they would trust an S85 owner with that much additional power and the accompanying risks.
Makes me wonder how long till they transition the loaner fleet - surely the market for non-D/non-autopilot loaners will dry up and the turnover will slow down. Also, I would guess they have an abundance of orders to catch up on to meet Q4 guidance and may not restock the loaner fleet till next year.
My 2nd annual service is due in Jan and I hope they have autopilot loaners by then and hopefully a P85D.

I've never even had a P85+ loaner and it's been a really long time since I got even a P85 loaner. I think I had a P85 once. Most loaners I've had have been 60's. Have a feeling we won't see P85D loaners for a long time but they will start putting some 85D and 60D loaners out there next year.

They are far more likely to put all of the trade-ins in the loaner fleet, than new cars.
I was told the local service center (Watertown, MA in my case), would contact me about my trade-in offer.

it's likely they'll take people for test drives and use used Model S's for loaners, there is going to be a large number if them availble. Frankly, its a better idea, than providning new cars, which then have to be discounted to sell them. as a TSLA investor, I like it.

as for new "D" test drives, it's more likely the gallery/showrooms have a few for test drives.

Oh man, I forgot about the loaner program. That should be exciting, though I would hope to have my (similar?) X before they hit service centers.

Given what the loaner situation has been in the past for some though, not sure how that will play out in reality.