Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS tires yet? 70k warranty!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have close to 30k miles on my P85 and finally need new tires within a month. I've done a lot of research and am surprised that no one has mentioned Pirelli Cinturato P7s. They are 700AA rated and have a 70k mile warranty! The reviews on TireRack are insanely good with people stating that these tires are quiet (even quieter than Hankook Optimos) and have great handling and long life.

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm open to other suggestions but can't seem to find anything better. Personally I think the Goodyears and Michelin Primacys stink.

Someone else has actually, and was also asking if anyone had any experience with them. (I think yobigd msp? sry)

I have 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on my 19s. They are 500 AA A rated. Very happy with them so far with handling, traction, and quietness. They feel very soft. Crazy grip, no slippage on my P85. I have 10k miles on them so far. jury's still out on how long they'll last...

Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Michelin Tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+A%2FS+3+%28W-+or+Y-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=545YR9PSAS3&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

To both of you. If you had the chance to go back and do it all over again with you still get the same tire or would you get something different? I just thrashed the inside wall of all 4 of my primacys tired toyos (nope don't EVER go there) tire racks recommending the porellis) I have a p and was it it to behave like a P not a granny. I've ordered another set of primacys because I know they handle well.

To both of you. If you had the chance to go back and do it all over again with you still get the same tire or would you get something different? I just thrashed the inside wall of all 4 of my primacys tired toyos (nope don't EVER go there) tire racks recommending the porellis) I have a p and was it it to behave like a P not a granny. I've ordered another set of primacys because I know they handle well.

Yes I would undoubtedly get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s again. It's unlikely that I'll ever put a different tire type on. It's like night and day vs the stock Goodyear. The grip and handling of the PS A/S3 is far superior to any tire I've ever driven. It's feels softer and is much quieter too. No slippage whatsoever gunning it from a stop. Can handle corners and rain like noneother. Haven't been through snow yet on them. You get what you pay for though (they are triple the cost of the goodyears). It is a brand new generation tire from Michelin too so has the latest/best "tire tech" in the product market.

Yes I would undoubtedly get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s again. It's unlikely that I'll ever put a different tire type on. It's like night and day vs the stock Goodyear. The grip and handling of the PS A/S3 is far superior to any tire I've ever driven. It's feels softer and is much quieter too. No slippage whatsoever gunning it from a stop. Can handle corners and rain like noneother. Haven't been through snow yet on them. You get what you pay for though (they are triple the cost of the goodyears). It is a brand new generation tire from Michelin too so has the latest/best "tire tech" in the product market.

what do you mean by "soft" the pilot a/s 3s are actually cheaper than the OEM primacys. Did you by chance ever drive a P with the primacys so you have something for me to compare the pilots to?

what do you mean by "soft" the pilot a/s 3s are actually cheaper than the OEM primacys. Did you by chance ever drive a P with the primacys so you have something for me to compare the pilots to?

ah you're right, I was comparing the price of the 255 PSAS3 ($291) [which is what I have on mine] to the price of the 255 MXM4 ($263) to the price of the 245 goodyears ($115). It's funny how the 245 PSAS3 are actually cheaper than the 245 MXM4....

by "soft" its hard to describe, its smoother on the roads, softer on bumps, quieter, and just grips really really well.

255s:
255.png

245s:
245.png
245as3.png

- - - Updated - - -

it's worth noting that all 3 tires are in 3 different categories, ultra-high performance all season vs grand touring all season vs high performance all season.

I too am interested in comparisons between the Primacys and the Pirellis. Specifically, how they compare in regards to driver/road comfort. At times I drive in a spirited manner, but 95% of the time is highway. Curious to know whether the Pirellis absorb road imperfections better. Based on stats alone, I assume the Pirellis would provide a more comfortable (non-spirited) ride given that the Primacys are W speed rated, while the Pirellis are V speed rated. Any comments much appreciated.

I too am interested in comparisons between the Primacys and the Pirellis. Specifically, how they compare in regards to driver/road comfort. At times I drive in a spirited manner, but 95% of the time is highway. Curious to know whether the Pirellis absorb road imperfections better. Based on stats alone, I assume the Pirellis would provide a more comfortable (non-spirited) ride given that the Primacys are W speed rated, while the Pirellis are V speed rated. Any comments much appreciated.
This is exactly my situation as well. I too have the Primacys, and they are (eh) alright, but after I saw the Pirellis pop up on Tirerack I am eager to know if the Pirellis have better handling and eek out less tire noise than the primacys. The reviews suggest that the pirellis would.

This is exactly my situation as well. I too have the Primacys, and they are (eh) alright, but after I saw the Pirellis pop up on Tirerack I am eager to know if the Pirellis have better handling and eek out less tire noise than the primacys. The reviews suggest that the pirellis would.

The P7 is VERY quiet. I don't care for the handling, they wander a lot.

I would absolutely not get the Pirelli's again on this car. I want a Z rated tire.

If I had a non-P model, I most likely would buy them knowing what I know.

Sounds like what you really want are Summer Max performance tires. There are lots of crap tires with Z ratings. Assuming you won't drive this in cold weather, then the best tire for your money are there Michelin PS3, $365 at tire rack. If you want to save a little money, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 and Continental Extremecontact DW are cheaper, but also have lower treadwear ratings. If I recall correctly, only the Michelin PS3 has a mileage warranty. The others do not. Please note that these tires are definitely NOT for cold weather use. You will slide off the road in cold weather.

If you need an all season tire, there is no better than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

Sounds like what you really want are Summer Max performance tires. There are lots of crap tires with Z ratings. Assuming you won't drive this in cold weather, then the best tire for your money are there Michelin PS3, $365 at tire rack. If you want to save a little money, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 and Continental Extremecontact DW are cheaper, but also have lower treadwear ratings. If I recall correctly, only the Michelin PS3 has a mileage warranty. The others do not. Please note that these tires are definitely NOT for cold weather use. You will slide off the road in cold weather.

If you need an all season tire, there is no better than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

I appreciate the info. I was planning to do summer / winter tires but it wasn't in the budget for this season. I was thinking about switching to the Conti DW as I've heard good things but I know you almost can't go wrong with Michelin and I'll take your recommendations for my next tire purchase. Thanks!

I appreciate the info. I was planning to do summer / winter tires but it wasn't in the budget for this season. I was thinking about switching to the Conti DW as I've heard good things but I know you almost can't go wrong with Michelin and I'll take your recommendations for my next tire purchase. Thanks!

I've had the Conti DW on my 2012 BMW 328i before I sold it. Granted, it's a totally different car, and 1000 lbs lighter. They are nice grippy tires, but they tramline like crazy on grooved highways. They have very wide channels that grab into the road, and make highway driving very busy. On windy hilly roads though, they give lots of confidence.

I'm currently researching potential 19" tires for a P85D. The Cinturato came up on my search, but at least one person here didn't have good experience with them on a P. From rdrcrmatt's post:

rdrcrmatt said:
The handling is poor, they're mushy, (inflated to 45psi), turn in is not linear, traction is WAY less than the RSA2's. I would NOT recommend these tires on a P85. S85 or 60 maybe they'd be good.

Does anybody else have experience with these tires on a P85?

I am not looking for the highest-possible performance tires, but I don't want to put something on a P85D that would totally gimp it either. My priorities are something like this:

1. Dry weather traction and handling.
1. Ride comfort and quietness.
1. Tire wear.
4. Energy usage.
5. Wet weather traction and handling.

The first three things would have about the same priority for me.

Would the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 be a better option? yobigd20 and swegman seem to have had good experience with those.

fyi i'm at 80k miles now, and just mounted these 255/45R19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. they are quiet and smooth so far. I opted for these instead of the Michelin's again due to the ratings in snow/ice performance. I only have 100 miles on these so no experience yet other than to say they seem quiet/soft/smooth. Tesla's replacing the rear upper control arms on my car right now and doing an alignment. when I pick it back up later today i'll let her rip and see how they grip. i have a very curvy and hilly road on the way home near my place so i'll see how they handle while under stress :)

edit: I bold the 'All Season Plus' because I think the tire asked about above is the non-plus version. I got the new '+' version. the two tires are completely different per ratings.

tires.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Texas