Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salisbury, Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there has been talk of Superchargers in Salisbury. I didn't expect them so soon, but good news and an important link in the network for those wanting to go to the beaches from the DC area.

Lanny

"At a mall in Salisbury" and "13 and 50" likely means it's here:

The Centre at Salisbury
2300 N Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801
The Centre at Salisbury, 2300 N Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801 - Google Maps

Frankly I think that's the most logical place for a Salisbury supercharger.

Edited to add: I'll be really excited if they finish this before Memorial Day 2015 for the summer travel season. It would prevent me from having to care about destination charging in Ocean City.

Last edited:
If you're going to Rehoboth or Dewey Beach from DC Metro, Salisbury is too far south. It's only OK for Ocean City proper.
Fair point. For that trip it might make sense to add a supercharger in Georgetown or Milford. Milford would also benefit folks from eastern PA / western NJ / northern DE heading down to any of the DE/MD oceanfront towns.

But if the towns had sufficient destination charging then DC-area folks would have less of a need for supercharging en route. (I know Rehoboth is working on this at least, based on discussions elsewhere on TMC.)

If you're going to Rehoboth or Dewey Beach from DC Metro, Salisbury is too far south. It's only OK for Ocean City proper.

The Hyatt Place in Dewey Beach has two HPWC stations that they invite all Tesla drivers to use. Story link.

Rehoboth Beach is working out the details for installing two 75 Amp J-1772 charging stations near the Henlopen Condos at the north end of the Boardwalk. These are part of a state-wide network of HA-L2 stations being implemented by the University of Delaware. There are also plans for HA-L2 stations in Bridgeville, DE, which is on the way to Rehoboth.

Lanny

The Hyatt Place in Dewey Beach has two HPWC stations that they invite all Tesla drivers to use. Story link.

Rehoboth Beach is working out the details for installing two 75 Amp J-1772 charging stations near the Henlopen Condos at the north end of the Boardwalk. These are part of a state-wide network of HA-L2 stations being implemented by the University of Delaware. There are also plans for HA-L2 stations in Bridgeville, DE, which is on the way to Rehoboth.

Lanny

Excellent.

According to http://www.teslamotors.com/findus, this site is live, even though http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger still says "2014."

Here's a comparison of Find Us, Supercharger "Coming Soon, " and supercharge.info (which only shows a blank page.)

Salisbury  MD.jpg

Assuming that the address shown on the Tesla display is misspelled, it appears that it is on Centre Dr. which is the mall at Rt 50 bypass and Rt 13 as paulkva guessed. I drove past there a week and a half ago on my way to Wallops Island to see the Orb3 Cygnus launch. I attempted to find it but now I realize I was searching in the wrong area.

http://marylandev.org/tesla-superchargers-come-to-salisbury-md/

Range anxiety has proven to be an immediate inhibition in purchasing a fully electric vehicle. A lack of charging infrastructure is the primary cause for such a concern. Without somewhere to charge, consumers are plagued with the thought of being stranded. This is especially true in more suburban/rural areas, where the expanse of land to transverse is dramatically increased.

Because it is easier to maintain an electric vehicle in an urban area many of the “early adopters” of infrastructure, fleet, and personal vehicles are city dwellers. We’ve spoken to many electric vehicle owners who are adamant about keeping a seperate gas powered vehicle for the occasional weekend trip, where extended mileage is a concern.
The introduction of Tesla Superchargers in Salisbury, MD (“Crossroads of Delmarva”, located at the intersection of Route 50 and Route 13) will enable trips to the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland a little easier. Equally, these stations service the residents of Salisbury. Visitors to the Centre at Salisbury are now able to obtain a full charge in the amount of time it takes to buy a new dishwasher, for free! (Charging, that is, not the dishwasher…)

Charging now. Tesla nav directions are accurate. In back by Sears and Boscov's, so there's a little walk to get inside. 6 bays.

As soon as I pulled up a local came by to ask what the construction was for. She was happy that it was EV related.

It's a great day for a drive and I think we'll be stopping for some seafood on the way home.

Charging now. Tesla nav directions are accurate. In back by Sears and Boscov's, so there's a little walk to get inside. 6 bays.

As soon as I pulled up a local came by to ask what the construction was for. She was happy that it was EV related.

It's a great day for a drive and I think we'll be stopping for some seafood on the way home.

Great to hear they're working well!