Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All you guys with a rez number above 6300 will get your MX a little sooner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess quite a few people may consider this option. Unfortunately for myself, I just have to have those Falcon Wings and the misery that will surely follow from them in practice.

Ground clearance is a bonus, too, of course.

This may even be part of the plan. With the Model X delays, Tesla may have come out with the dual motor Model S to try to get some people waiting for the Model X to buy a Model S now.

Unlikely ... I heard internally that the Model S AWD would likely be introduced late Q3, prior to Model X & posted that at the beginning of this year. To me, this all seemed right on schedule.

Unlikely ... I heard internally that the Model S AWD would likely be introduced late Q3, prior to Model X & posted that at the beginning of this year. To me, this all seemed right on schedule.

Well, maybe on schedule in the Tesla/Elon, time-warp universe. Oct 9 for the announcement is early Q4 and December for deliveries is late Q4...

At that point in time, no - I thought I'd be getting my Sig sometime late fall, perhaps by EOY. I heard Model S AWD would definitely come out before Model X (which was a surprise to me).

Thank you for the insight. Anyway, I still recall Model X was originally expected to arrive before the dual-motor Model S. Isn't the Model X something like a year late by the time we now expect it to hit the road? Maybe I remember wrong.

My only point being, I'm not sure Model X necessarily originally was slated to be out after an AWD Model S. Or do you think it was always the plan?

Thank you for the insight. Anyway, I still recall Model X was originally expected to arrive before the dual-motor Model S. Isn't the Model X something like a year late by the time we now expect it to hit the road? Maybe I remember wrong.

My only point being, I'm not sure Model X necessarily originally was slated to be out after an AWD Model S. Or do you think it was always the plan?

From what I heard, it was the plan as of earlier this year. I can't speak to before that.

You're absolutely right regarding delays. I was hoping to have it by my birthday last December (and that seemed reasonable at the time). I don't expect to have it this year on my birthday.

Good news is that when you have another Tesla in the garage, it makes it much much easier to be patient. :)