Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S charge curve as a .CSV or easily readable graph?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has to exist somewhere, I just didn't know what to search on to find it. I'm looking for (ideally) a .CSV file that shows the amount of time required to charge a Model S (I have a B battery pack if there's a huge difference?) from any given SoC to another one. I'm ultimately trying to build a tool that allows someone to say "Assume I arrive at a ZZZ kw capable supercharger with a current SoC of XXXX. How long will it take me to get to SoC YYY?"

How does the VisibleTesla app collect/get data? Does one have to have the iPhone app for this to work?

I am awaiting delivery - scheduled early November.

Finally happy to see you are in Atlanta. I live in Brookhaven, near Lenox Square.

Gordon

It polls the Tesla servers directly using the same username and password that the iPhone app uses. But it is independent of and does not require the iPhone app, and it does a whole lot more than the iPhone app, such as performing scheduled actions and sending notifications for a variety of events. You need to leave VisibleTesla running on your home computer in order for it to collect data. It can also map your trips and show your speed and the time at any point on the map trail. Wonderful software, written in Java so it runs on most operating systems.

Congrats on your new car!

I know this has to exist somewhere, I just didn't know what to search on to find it. I'm looking for (ideally) a .CSV file that shows the amount of time required to charge a Model S (I have a B battery pack if there's a huge difference?) from any given SoC to another one. I'm ultimately trying to build a tool that allows someone to say "Assume I arrive at a ZZZ kw capable supercharger with a current SoC of XXXX. How long will it take me to get to SoC YYY?"

I've been meaning to do that as well, but haven't gotten around to it yet. A bunch of information can be found here: Finally 120KW Supercharging! - Page 21
The raw data I collected (as well as an excel file that you can convert to a csv file) is here: Dropbox - SuperChargerData
And dauger has compiled a table and determined a formula that should be close enough for most uses: Tesla Supercharger Table