Other Product Updates
Our commitment to continuous improvement extends to other features of Model S, and we have recently made several updates to the car. The following features are either in production or will be delivered with Dual Motor Model S (as indicated).
- Seat comfort improvements and taller headrests for whiplash protection
- Improvements for a quieter cabin (Confirmed, anecdotal)
- Wider rear door opening (Confirmed)
- Electrically opening, self-closing charge port door on Dual Motor Model S (delivered with Dual Motor Model S)
- Increased visor size and larger vanity mirror (Confirmed)
- Parcel shelf and front trunk cargo net now standard (Confirmed)
- Air ionizer and carbon filter for cabin air purity (Confirmed)
- Updated steering column control module (Confirmed)
- Updates to Alcantara interior trim, such as wrapped roof bow and top pad (Confirmed)
From the latest blog entry on the TESLAMOTORS.COM:
Edit: All the items marked as confirmed have been confirmed in this post or elsewhere on the forum.
Thanks to Breser and others for their input. Breser's Post.