Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no more lacewood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the lacewood and have received many very favorable comments from people, as they say it has "texture" in addition to the real wood look. My car has black interior with the lacewood, and the service center says they do not ever see that combination. Sorry to see it go.

I have the lacewood and have received many very favorable comments from people, as they say it has "texture" in addition to the real wood look. My car has black interior with the lacewood, and the service center says they do not ever see that combination. Sorry to see it go.
I noticed this option was gone as well. While not an owner I would have bought the lacewood for this very reason. There was actual texture. That and I liked the look, obviously. Oh well, maybe they'll offer something new by the time the X is ready.

Im about to sell my P85 with lacewood interior, very happy with that choise.
I had planed to swap it out for a P85D with exact same config - and like your, very sad that the lacewood is no longer a option.
Yeah, I have it and love it. I don't think it displayed well except in person so perhaps they couldn't justify stocking it.
Sorry they didn't find a suitable replacement. I guess I'd go CF next time since piano black is too much shiny stuff and the obeche just doesn't do it for me.

Im about to sell my P85 with lacewood interior, very happy with that choise.

I had planed to swap it out for a P85D with exact same config - and like your, very sad that the lacewood is no longer a option.

If you can hold on to your P85 until you take delivery of your new P85D, simply Swap the wood panels. It shouldn't be too hard. The center armrest panel may be tricky, but not too much of an obstacle.. Heck, that would give you something really unique!

When it came time to configure the color/interior of my Sig S, it was a no brainer: Sig Red, Tan Leather, Lacewood. Now it's time to configure a D: none of those choices are available in the P85D and only the Tan Leather is an option on the S85D. The other paint colors and interior trim choices leave me cold.

Sigh. First World Problems...