Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D+ Ordered CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

smf72

MS Launch Day Plaid with CF and Black, 21 inch
Aug 4, 2014
CT
Due to the fact that my P85+ was undeliverable due to damage in shipping I just got my replacement ordered the original process of a damaged car was very depressing especially since waiting since July but at least they moved all my money over and put me as priority delivery i.e. no need to jump back in line to Tesla's error. Quoted early December Delivery.

screenshot_70.png

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a picture of the hood from my car that was supposed to be delivered the day before the event. Right off the truck. Notice the hood and A pillars. Unbelievable !!!!!!!! At least we get the new P85D+

IMG_1960.jpg

Due to the fact that my P85+ was undeliverable due to damage in shipping I just got my replacement ordered the original process of a damaged car was very depressing especially since waiting since July but at least they moved all my money over and put me as priority delivery i.e. no need to jump back in line to Tesla's error. Quoted early December Delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a picture of the hood from my car that was supposed to be delivered the day before the event. Right off the truck. Notice the hood and A pillars. Unbelievable !!!!!!!! At least we get the new P85D+

Wow not good. I've noticed they are not even wrapping cars before shipping anymore. Open carriers no wrap...yikes. Not that wrap would have helped this, as it happens more often than people know, but I remember when they shipped in enclosed carriers :)

Drivers of the carriers that transport these cars could careless.

Good that you got a D--awesome.

According to my DS they are thinking of using enclosed transport for all new cars starting December. Mine couldn't be fixed despite their attempts because the aluminum was compromised on the A pillar. It is on it's way back to California to be rebuilt assigned a new VIN# and used as demo or loaner. Been waiting since July and was so disappointed, but not as disappointed if the D came one day after delivery. So I guess it all works out in the end. Just hope this one has safe travels.

According to my DS they are thinking of using enclosed transport for all new cars starting December. Mine couldn't be fixed despite their attempts because the aluminum was compromised on the A pillar. It is on it's way back to California to be rebuilt assigned a new VIN# and used as demo or loaner. Been waiting since July and was so disappointed, but not as disappointed if the D came one day after delivery. So I guess it all works out in the end. Just hope this one has safe travels.
Sounds like it was meant to be! Congrats on the new order ! Did you replace steel grey with silver this time ?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just pay the price difference between the 2 builds?

View attachment 61180

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 61181

I would consider yourself "lucky".

I left the wheels dark grey and had to pay the difference which was about 7k. I could have just had the exact same car rebuilt for early November delivery.

Wow! How disappointing. I waited 3 months for my "priority delivery" P85+, but finally got her. I'm Ok without AWD, because I wanted an RWD. But boy oh boy would I be mad...and sad. But, as said earlier, I think you'll score in the end. I'd pay the difference easily.

- - - Updated - - -

I love my grey turbines! Couldn't be happier.