Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Cranberry crew said they would be doing an Indianapolis Supercharger next, but not immediately...they were headed to Vermont to do solar field work first. They also said that the Indy location would be in a parking garage. Now, does this sound like Lafayette still, or will it be downtown Indianapolis instead?

I think an Indianapolis Supercharger would be a good idea because we have 4 Interstates going through our city. It would be a good way of hitting four birds with one stone.

I am pretty sure we are getting a service center here, so that may be where it would end up. That's my thinking, anyway.

Thanks for the info!
I would think Lafayette is big enough and far enough away to make it different than "north of Indianapolis"...

I would think so, too. And like Patrick42h said above, Indy makes more sense because of the interstate highway coverage (I-70, I-74, I-65, I-69). Lafayette gives only I-65 coverage, and it is a long haul from I-70 and the other interstates (for a charge stop, anyway).

Hopefully they get the lease terms approved, and move forward soon!

They're going to need something near Indy on I-70 because the current distance between the 2015 projected sites of Effingham, IL and Dayton, OH is ~250 miles. The wife and I make trips to Indy occasionally and we'll make use of destination charging there, but for those just passing through, I'm sure there won't be a desire to go all the way to Lafayette to come back around on I-70 to the east.

an indy superchager will be withing range of both Dayton and Louisville. Hitting Lexington will require another charge in a 60, but is possible in a 85. The Louisville supercharger will give an option, to reach Lexington fr 60 drivers.