Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resale Value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I doubt that I will follow through, the P85D is very enticing.

Posted on TM also...

How much should I expect someone to pay for a 2013 S85 with appx. 13k on the odometer these days?

Specs:

85 (non P)
19" wheels
Metallic Silver
Tech package
Pano roof
Grey leather interior
Matte Obeche
Yacht foor
Parcel Shelf
Added aluminum pedals, Photosync tint, and Opticoat pro.

Thoughts?

There still isn't a real used market for the Model S so far - not enough cars have been changing hands to establish pricing (yesterday's announcement may be changing that quickly.)

One thing you could look at is how Tesla offers their loaner cars - I think it's $1000 per month and $1 per mile, but I'm not sure.

It's probably a little aggressive (said to be deliberate to encourage turnover in the loaner fleet,) but I think those cars are eligible for tax credits.
Walter

While I doubt that I will follow through, the P85D is very enticing.

Posted on TM also...

How much should I expect someone to pay for a 2013 S85 with appx. 13k on the odometer these days?

Specs:

85 (non P)
19" wheels
Metallic Silver
Tech package
Pano roof
Grey leather interior
Matte Obeche
Yacht foor
Parcel Shelf
Added aluminum pedals, Photosync tint, and Opticoat pro.

Thoughts?

There is a "value your trade-in link" on the main teslamotors.com page- you could give that a try. But your best bet would be to scan through the for-sale listings on this site- many of them list the actual sales price after the car has been sold: Tesla for Sale

Can you come up to $15,500?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 1,068
Careful, you're about to get in a bidding war! :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, if it's been flogged around a track, it's clearly ragged out and not worth on penny over $16k

how about with all the 'classic' options - lacewood, grey and tech packages. these options are no longer available! :tongue:

+ 1 set of 21" grey, 1 set of staggered 19" forgestars, i set of staggered 19" MRR, and 1 set of 19" Enkei wheels w/ winter tires and chains
+ well flogged and very properly tested

For a short time last night I also thought about selling my 2 weeks old P85 in oder to get the new sensors (don't care about AWD since I live in Florida). I think I will lose more then 10k and that's just too much. I wish I could add the sensors for let's say, $4000? I would jump on that right way but spending/losing more money just doesn't make sense (to me at least).

Last edited:
I think there will be a robust market for loaded Model S's in good condition...they will get snapped up by the Model S owners (for lack of a better term) "wannabee" market...those who wanted a Model S from the get go, but the cost drove them out of reach...they will now be able to purchase a gently used Model S within their budget.

The same thing happened with the snowmobile market in the late 70's / early 80's...the new snowmobiles were very advanced and commanded a very high purchase price new...if you had a 5 year old machine in good shape, you were able to get a very good price for it...75-90% of your purchase price new...just have to find that motivated buyer...