Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Order changed from P85+ to P85D

Order changed from P85+ to P85D

Yup, got real concerned I was buying an orphan when I saw the presser last night.

This morning I changed my order to P85D.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend who drives a P85 performance texted me this morning that his car is now a relic.

Not sure I'd go remotely that far, but the new car looks incredible.

Gratz!

What was the delta on your cost/price? Other than + to D, what features were added/removed with the change as a consequence of the general structural change in Design Studio?

Thanks for sharing the data point for current and future reference!
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

I don't know that I'd say relic about the P85, but that P85D sure is hot!

I think the original P85's are going to be hit hard on price. They're in an odd spot now of neither being nearly as fast as the new PDs which rules out most performance buyers. And not nearly as good a value if you want a long range EV as an S85 which rules out most non-performance buyers.

A little apples to oranges since I added one feature, but my personal delta was $10,500.

I switched my reservation from P85 to P85D as well. Change in price was +$18,100. It looks like things like parking sensor and fog upgrades are now built into the Technology Package. My original design did not have 21" Wheels and the "D" requires them.

Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    I think the original P85's are going to be hit hard on price. They're in an odd spot now of neither being nearly as fast as the new PDs which rules out most performance buyers. And not nearly as good a value if you want a long range EV as an S85 which rules out most non-performance buyers.
    I'm still hopeful. The price delta between a used P85 and new P85+ is giant, and the P85's 4.2s (supposedly more like 3.9s) 0-60 is no slouch. If there is a big hit, it won't be until it starts getting common to see used P85Ds up for sale.
    P85 - Multicoat Red, October Tech, Pano, UHFS, Parking, Carbon Fiber, Textile, Coil, 19"

You guys are making me feel bad. I don't even HAVE my new P85 yet. It finished production 3 days ago.

At least I should have the new autopilot hardware. I bet those who just got their cars a few weeks ago without the hardware feel even worse.

Ah, the nonstop forward motion of innovation.
    P85 VIN55228. Black and tan w/ Carbon Fiber decor, spoiler, coils, Pano, Reus audio (To be installed), 20" Avant Garde M310s (Matte Black), tech, parking sensors, premium lighting.
    (Original Model S, now in hEaVen: VIN 1653, S85, Dolphin Gray)

How did you change your order. Here in Canada they sales people don't know if that is even possible. I have a late November delivery and I definitely would like to change it. My status says that "I am in queue for production". I definitely don't want an orphan on delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    You guys are making me feel bad. I don't even HAVE my new P85 yet. It finished production 3 days ago.
    Even if you don't want to you should ask Tesla what it would cost to upgrade.

In other words what is the trade-in value of a used P85 with Zero miles.

Then we have more evidence if they are behaving like franchised dealers or something much better.

Thread Information