Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Share your regret (RHD)...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I regret spending the extra money to get my Signature P85+ 20 months ago.

Not only I spend the extra deposit (300K HKD vs 19K HKD) to get the car only weeks before "production" batch , I also end up picking the same color combination with at least 140 others signature owners... (there should be about 400 MS in total on the road) I was told by the once only Tesla HK sales that Tesla HK would only accept 100 Signature orders but eventually there are 200 signature on the road with 70% of them being sig red...

Waited 18 months (I was told originally my car would be delivered by fall 2013...) and my car is outdated after 2 months of ownership. Someone please teach me how I can persuade the future buyer (or myself)that my bench seats is better the new fancy one...

Yes, I bitch about it and you may disagree, but please just allow me use this thread as a way to express my (or your) regret and frustration instead of telling me to suck it up.

I wish I would have just ordered a production, so I would be the person laughing at the Signature guy and change my order to the P85D. (worst case just give up the 19k deposit and start a new order).

Really, I rather to be its Shareholder instead of its customer.

Update:

Just post my car up for sell on internet.

Last edited:
I think the issue is the speed of release and the luck of the draw for people who already had orders. If Tesla had just announced these technologies for release next March or April then people wouldn't have felt they just missed out and future buyers could determine whether they would like a current car or wait till later.

I am very happy I took the Signature Red, as it's the most beautiful color (imho) and will not be made anymore. So while black, white and red cars will be ever more abundant, there will never be more Sig Reds than there are now. There are 50 Sig Reds in The Netherlands. Every week I see dozens of black, white and grey Model S, only twice in the past year have I seen a Sig Red. So it remains a special color, worth the extra money.

I am very happy I took the Signature Red, as it's the most beautiful color (imho) and will not be made anymore. So while black, white and red cars will be ever more abundant, there will never be more Sig Reds than there are now. There are 50 Sig Reds in The Netherlands. Every week I see dozens of black, white and grey Model S, only twice in the past year have I seen a Sig Red. So it remains a special color, worth the extra money.

Interestingly, I mentioned how much I liked the Sig red one time when my car was in for service and was told that any certified Tesla body shop could paint my car that color if I wanted to. I would never do it, but thought it was interesting.

I regret not dumping all my money into Tesla stock two years ago and waiting until today to order.

I regret not dumping all my money into Tesla January 2014 $40 call options two years ago, when the stock was $28.40, and the options cost $345 each. At their high those options were trading for $25,100 each.

Essentially a 70-1 shot. :crying:

RT

The best way to look at it is like cellphones. If you think the P85D is awesome, wait till you see what the Tesla Model S has 2-3 years from now. Because the P85D is just a mid-cycle refresh.

End of the day, there are those people who change cellphones every year by selling their old one and those that keep their phone for 2 years on contract and move on to next one.

If you always want to have the best tech, take Musk's advice. His advice was to lease cars. This way you can always have the latest tech.

Overall, the Tesla Model S even without the D is awesome.

I would also add that the signature is more of those who support Tesla. So I see no reason to laugh at signature owners.

For those of you who replied. DId you ordered your MS for 18months and just got it 2 months ago? Comparing a 1k usd iPhone to a 120k Tesla is non sense. First the market for an iphone is much greater then a Tesla, 2nd the tome needed to sell a Tesla is so much longer than a iphone. Anyway, everyone have their say.

For those of you who replied. DId you ordered your MS for 18months and just got it 2 months ago? Comparing a 1k usd iPhone to a 120k Tesla is non sense. First the market for an iphone is much greater then a Tesla, 2nd the tome needed to sell a Tesla is so much longer than a iphone. Anyway, everyone have their say.

Actually people did put reservations even before they saw the final production car. You must have considered all the risks when you placed your order and knowing a lot of things could happen in between, haven't you? That's the reason some people want to be the early adapter and a lot of people don't.

I regret spending the extra money to get my Signature P85+ 20 months ago.

Not only I spend the extra deposit (300K HKD vs 19K HKD) to get the car only weeks before "production" batch , I also end up picking the same color combination with at least 140 others signature owners... (there should be about 400 MS in total on the road) I was told by the once only Tesla HK sales that Tesla HK would only accept 100 Signature orders but eventually there are 200 signature on the road with 70% of them being sig red...

Waited 18 months (I was told originally my car would be delivered by fall 2013...) and my car is outdated after 2 months of ownership. Someone please teach me how I can persuade the future buyer (or myself)that my bench seats is better the new fancy one...

Yes, I bitch about it and you may disagree, but please just allow me use this thread as a way to express my (or your) regret and frustration instead of telling me to suck it up.

I wish I would have just ordered a production, so I would be the person laughing at the Signature guy and change my order to the P85D. (worst case just give up the 19k deposit and start a new order).

Really, I rather to be its Shareholder instead of its customer.

Update:

Just post my car up for sell on internet.

My god what a societal gap... I'm sorry you don't get to be the unique flower you thought you were, in a world with 7 billion people in it. "suck it up" doesn't even begin to cover it.

I am surprised by how many people are accepting the fact that their car is outdated, especially the car is just on the process on the production line.

That there is going to be an even more advanced Model S on the road (half a year from now), does not make the current Model S outdated. It's still lightyears ahead. The only thing outdated are all the other cars on the road.

I gotta say I agree with the OP. OK so the S will continue to evolve but there will be more toys associated with the latest hardware that will be turned on over the next few months than I will ever see in my S.
And I don't see Tesla added more new hardware in the foreseeable future, not of this magnitude anyway.

I was pissed at not having a parking sensor option but this upgrade is a little more than that. Forget the D part, this latest hardware upgrade is light years ahead of parking sensor option. (And at least with some effort we can get the parking sensor hardware)