Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S P85 D options, fog lights, parking sensors, paint armor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
just ordered my P85D, didn't see the fog lights and parking sensors listed, are they included now?.... no paint armor either... anything else missing?

does the P85D include the P85+ suspension setup and staggered wheels?

Tesla just said the P85D does have the P85+ suspension and staggered wheels.....

Can you post a link to this? I can't find confirmation anywhere.

Also, agreed, this is a bad move for AWD due to tire rotations. That's why I traded my 9" rear rims for 8.5" rims so I could run the same 245/45/21s on all four wheels.

If it's true that the P85D has staggered wheels, that at a minimum should be an option a buyer can opt in/out of.

I'm a bit disappointed that they rolled the option for LED interior accent lighting into an all-in-one package that includes Nappa leather and yacht floor. I have absolutely no desire for the leather and yacht flooring but would love to have the accent lighting. :(

Rotating tires from a financial perspective, really? I have the P+ and burn tires like my wife burns our food. Do you honestly think that this will make a big difference when this much torque and power goes to the wheels? Just calculate the cost in and enjoy the possibilities

Rotating tires from a financial perspective, really? I have the P+ and burn tires like my wife burns our food. Do you honestly think that this will make a big difference when this much torque and power goes to the wheels?
Yes. I already replace 4 tires in 8500 (Conti) - 12000 (Michelin) miles. It would be worse with staggered.

I'm a bit disappointed that they rolled the option for LED interior accent lighting into an all-in-one package that includes Nappa leather and yacht floor. I have absolutely no desire for the leather and yacht flooring but would love to have the accent lighting. :(

I can't understand why the accent lighting isn't just rolled into the base car. Bundling it with the leather is a poor decision.

Seems to me like the cost of tires would be a trivial thing on an ultra-high performance car costing >$100K.

Ferraris have the same problem, but I rarely hear anyone complaining about it.
If it's really an issue, buy a Leaf.

Based on my calculations, for me a $90k Model S cost about the same a $40k ICE car.

But if you throw in crazy tire expenses (based on my mileage around 3 set per year!) that goes out the window.

Based on my calculations, for me a $90k Model S cost about the same a $40k ICE car.

But if you throw in crazy tire expenses (based on my mileage around 3 set per year!) that goes out the window.

Does the $40K ICE car you're comparing the Model S against offer the same level of performance?

The thing about high-performance cars is that they make you want to drive them like high-performance cars. But on the up-side, you get many more smiles per mile than in a "normal" sedan. So it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.

Tesla just said the P85D does have the P85+ suspension and staggered wheels... what a bargain, but not great for those who paid for the P85+.....
I was really sad to see that. Would have seriously considered trading up to a P85D, but absolutely do not want the air suspension. I could live with the staggered wheels: once you go AWD you're already signing up for restrictions on tire stuff. And it's easy to swap out the wheels for something else if you want a straight setup. Not so much with the air suspension. :-/

That and it sounds like they may be eliminating the fabric seat option, which could potentially be a second deal-breaker. Will have to wait-and-see on that one.

Still, it's an impressive package.

I was really sad to see that. Would have seriously considered trading up to a P85D, but absolutely do not want the air suspension. I could live with the staggered wheels: once you go AWD you're already signing up for restrictions on tire stuff. And it's easy to swap out the wheels for something else if you want a straight setup. Not so much with the air suspension. :-/
Gizmo, can you give your feedback on the air suspension aspect to ownership. I'm curious what their philosophical response will be.

Paint armor is no longer offered by tesla. Compared to xpel or suntek it was garbage anyway.

I thought the material was actually quite acceptable as it was clear and had little orange peel. The coverage was where I didn't see the value. I've seen worse clear bra material and even worse installations. For a manufacturer to offer this option was pretty cool, but I think it was outside their scope of work. They should have given clients the option of full coverage.