Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D - NEW Seats Announced - Finally!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Telsa may have won me back with the p85D--AWD and lighting speed!

BUT, went to configure and saw this golden nugget--NEW "NEXT GENERATION" SEATS! Unfortunately no pics :confused:

Here's a screen shot from configurator:

ScreenShot2014-10-10at70612AM_zpsc7fa5374.png

These are pics from the backseat of the demo car from yesterday's D event. I didn't get the front because they didn't seem much different, sorry!
That's pretty weird for the rears. I guess those tall ridges mean they eliminated the center LATCH position? That's annoying. The center LATCH is huge for those of us who lug around little ones.

I saw posts elsewhere that they partnered with Recaro for the fronts? That would be fantastic. The stock OEM Recaros in my other vehicle are just fantastic.

Sat in them yesterday. Definitely Hugs you more and more cushion added.

I tweeted about this yesterday - sorry didn't have time to post here. They are made by Recaro. HUGE improvement, especially in lateral support. I also thought the head rest was a better design. In the P85D you need that. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither the front or back seats looked or felt much different last nigh. Let's home the demo cars didn't have the finalized "new seats" in them yet.

Not all the cars had the new seats. The guys that were driving were not up to speed. Some had regular performance seats. I confirmed with a Tesla rep last night that they were test cars (dual engine, but didn't have all the trimmings.) In fact, they had to stick the "D" badge on them earlier in the day. The white one in the show area, and SOME of the test drive cars had the new seats.

photos of new sports seats front and back

the front seats were amazing! soft, very comfortable and very supporting yet easy to get in and out of. they will change the overall driving experience substantially. i did not sit in the back seats.
if they are made by recaro - and there was no logo - i find it very unusual that they didn't have the otherwise very common thigh extension. they did not seem to be ventilated. given that tesla's seats are made by a third party inside the factory, i would assume that it's them that are making the seats and they make them somewhat 'recaro-looking-like'. much less expensive for tesla and full control over materials and sub structures, back panel, latch location etc.

IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2925.jpeg

I was told by a Tesla rep at the event that the seats were made by Recaro. He might have misspoken, but he did seem to be well informed on other topic areas. I suspect that the seats pictured here vs what ships in December will be slightly different.

Personally, I'd like the red piping back. What I really want are some two-tone interiors.

About time to unveil the D and something else - Post #1586

Only crappy pics due to the lighting :(

IMG_5572_repost_resize.jpg

The seats have much, *much* higher bolsters (both butt and back) and more padding than the current seats, and feel like they support the front of the seating area far better. They are a solid improvement, if you want to be cradled/hugged by the seats vs. just sitting "on" them instead of in them. /...

the front seats were amazing! soft, very comfortable and very supporting yet easy to get in and out of. they will change the overall driving experience substantially. i did not sit in the back seats.
if they are made by recaro - and there was no logo - i find it very unusual that they didn't have the otherwise very common thigh extension. they did not seem to be ventilated. given that tesla's seats are made by a third party inside the factory, i would assume that it's them that are making the seats and they make them somewhat 'recaro-looking-like'. much less expensive for tesla and full control over materials and sub structures, back panel, latch location etc.

View attachment 61215 View attachment 61214
Do you know if the seats will come in colors like tan and grey instead of only black because at the moment it just says black only. BTW love the new seats