Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Suggestion for Future Announcements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Hey Elon - We all like your style, you're cool, you're a genius. How about sharing the microphone? Do a tag team with JB or Franz (rather than make him your Ed McMahon for the evening - herrrrrrre's Elon!) Hearing you both, or all three, talk about the car, tag-team, playing off each other, would be great. I know you said the engineers have a done a great job (they have) but I'd like to see more of the depth that makes Tesla awesome. Lebron never won a championship until he teamed up with his buds in Miami. And even then, the Spurs showed them that a great team can beat a singular genius. Your have great, show some goodness by allowing us to see you sharing and interacting with your team. That would be 'Something Else'!

(Now, giddy-up with getting the Model X revealed, will you!)
(But tonight was superteslafragiliticteslalidocius!)

I disagree. Events like last night were much more for the people there to get a chance to drive the D, not to showcase Tesla execs. Elon is the face of the company right now and it's easier for the masses to have one person they associate with the company than to see a bunch of different people.

Elon is not the greatest public speaker, but he's got a charisma that is electrifying combined with a plain honesty that is refreshing. You can tell the man struggles to keep a governor on what he says. I love that about him.

Actually I think it's a great suggestion. One of the biggest "risks" to the company right now is that it all hinges on Elon. If something were to happen to him the share price would tank in no time flat. Elon has also hinted in the past that after gen 3 he may step back to focus on SpaceX, again, that would send shares plummeting.

Best way to mitigate that is to show the world that Tesla is more than just Elon. Show us that the rest of the company is capable of doing amazing things even if Elon isn't there.
The presentation doesn't have to be longer, or wordier, or any of that, just get some variety so that Elon isn't the only one we see in public. The more the rest of the company is put forward, the more they are challenged to step up and be visible, the stronger the company will be in the long run.

Did Jobs share the mic with Woz? :smile:
You make a great point - just look where they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met Franz?"
Elaborate please. Are you poking fun at Franz?

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. Events like last night were much more for the people there to get a chance to drive the D, not to showcase Tesla execs. Elon is the face of the company right now and it's easier for the masses to have one person they associate with the company than to see a bunch of different people.

Elon is not the greatest public speaker, but he's got a charisma that is electrifying combined with a plain honesty that is refreshing. You can tell the man struggles to keep a governor on what he says. I love that about him.
It's not about showcasing the execs, it's about making a better message.
He's not electrifying, what he's helping invent is - rockets, electric cars, solar power are all pretty cool. He's a genius, and I grant that he's genuine and refreshing. I doubt he'd be electrifying selling pancake batter, hose washers, or soap. Look, he's great, I actually think he'd better if he worked off of someone. Just a suggestion.

I agree and disagree.
The Munich store opening is a great Q&A where both elon and JB answer questions. So on that front where it's a Q&A yes they should have other people up there.
But the D presentation was not a Q&A, so Elon was fine to do it.

I agree and disagree.
The Munich store opening is a great Q&A where both elon and JB answer questions. So on that front where it's a Q&A yes they should have other people up there.
But the D presentation was not a Q&A, so Elon was fine to do it.
JB probably isn't the right guy for a Hollywood Premiere, but Franz can do it. He has a different style than Elon, not as engineery, more designy, which would be a good foil.

JB probably isn't the right guy for a Hollywood Premiere, but Franz can do it. He has a different style than Elon, not as engineery, more designy, which would be a good foil.

I think JB comes across as a really solid and well thought out engineer as well, with a bit more polish to his words than Elon (but of course not as fun with the geeky references). It would have been good to have him talk about the drivetrain a bit more.. AWD traction, electromechanical brakes, etc.

actually i think it's a great suggestion. One of the biggest "risks" to the company right now is that it all hinges on elon. If something were to happen to him the share price would tank in no time flat. Elon has also hinted in the past that after gen 3 he may step back to focus on spacex, again, that would send shares plummeting.

Best way to mitigate that is to show the world that tesla is more than just elon. Show us that the rest of the company is capable of doing amazing things even if elon isn't there.
The presentation doesn't have to be longer, or wordier, or any of that, just get some variety so that elon isn't the only one we see in public. The more the rest of the company is put forward, the more they are challenged to step up and be visible, the stronger the company will be in the long run.

+1 nailed it !!