Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dome Lights suddenly turn on while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed in my new (almost 3 week old) S85 that wile driving, the driver side front "dome light" turns on and often stays on, sometimes goes off after a while. I have the dome lights set to "auto" but when I used the controls to shut them off, the light stayed on. This is very annoying and seems to occur at random times. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? I have Software v6.0 and tech package

I just noticed in my new (almost 3 week old) S85 that wile driving, the driver side front "dome light" turns on and often stays on, sometimes goes off after a while. I have the dome lights set to "auto" but when I used the controls to shut them off, the light stayed on. This is very annoying and seems to occur at random times. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? I have Software v6.0 and tech package

I have had the same experience three times in the last three weeks, but it involved all the dome lights. Stopped, put it in park, then drive, and they went off and stayed off. Weird.

Last edited:
What button are you referring to? These are the 2 little lights on either side of the rear view mirror, and there is no button to press. If you mean the software "button" on "controls", if I turn it off on or auto it doesn't affect the light staying on. Only putting it into park shuts it off. I think it's a software glitch. I'll report it to Tesla

It turns out you were right, pgiralt,the driver's side dome light doesn't "click" at all. I brought it to my Tesla Service Center and they will replace both front dome lights (although the passenger side light clicks on and off as it should). Thanks for the info. . .