Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85+ production just completed yesterday and is prepping for delivery now... should be here soon. Steel Grey, Grey rims, Pano, perf black seats, black headliner, every option except stereo and napa.
Then this happens :)

Gotta say I knew it would... Murphy's laws and all.

I'll be honest... I'm really on the fence now, depending on how much it costs and wait time, I may even consider eating my $2500 deposit and just reordering.
Sigh... my wife already thought I was nuts with the amount of reading I've been doing and now she'll think I've completely lost it! haha

My P85+ production just completed yesterday and is prepping for delivery now... should be here soon. Steel Grey, Grey rims, Pano, perf black seats, black headliner, every option except stereo and napa.
Then this happens :)

Gotta say I knew it would... Murphy's laws and all.

I'll be honest... I'm really on the fence now, depending on how much it costs and wait time, I may even consider eating my $2500 deposit and just reordering.
Sigh... my wife already thought I was nuts with the amount of reading I've been doing and now she'll think I've completely lost it! haha
You know, I honestly hadn't thought about this.

For those that are "on the hook" for a confirmed configuration and are significantly upset about not being able to reconfig for a D... a $2,500 cost for changing your mind is a pittance compared to the retrofit pricing of, well, basically everything that current owners have had done thus far.

So I just re-spec-ed out my car, and it's only a $1500 price difference from what i paid, and what the D cost....
I've driven my S around for half a year, got over 12k km on it. That $1500 might be justifiable.

Question comes to mind
1) If you've already gotten the Ontario EV Rebate, are you eligible for another one, if you purchase another EV?
2) What (hypothetical) would be the going rate for selling a Tesla come end of February? It'll be less than 1 year old, with ~24k of km usage on it. (85, dual chargers, pano roof, red, tech package, air suspensions, parking sensors, rear seats, and subzero package)

I will not be getting a new version for a while, but pricing just got a lot better for Canadians. The Dual (non P) option is 4,100 CAD (~3,700 USD) so it's cheaper than in the USA. More importantly, prices of the S60 and S85 were cut by $3,000, so compared to yesterday you can add Dual for only ~$1,000.

@Jgdixon- Congrats! Did you get a Dec delivery date?

I Just ordered as well... same specs as before.

P85D, Grey, Grey rims, CF int, Pano, all the options except Nappa (really wanted the interior lighting but its no longer available separately)

Expected delivery Dec...

Last edited:
1) If you've already gotten the Ontario EV Rebate, are you eligible for another one, if you purchase another EV?

Yes. I have two Teslas, and got two rebates.

- - - Updated - - -

Done! Online

Very nice. It's very tempting, but I just put a big investment into my business. Not many spare bucks lying around.

I want a ride in your car!

+1...I punched the order through on a full loaded (Blue with grey wheels) P85D (sans kiddie seats) a couple of hours ago...I think I need help...they say admitting that you have a problem is the first step, right? :wink:

Done! Online, although a little disappointed that there are no new colours and only black interior.
P85D grey with grey wheels, all options but 3rd seat.
Anyone want to buy a Red Sig loaded with white interior? 40,000 kms

@ Doug_G...I will be hitting the Race the Runway event with the P85D next year (if my wife ever lets me drive it...) :redface:

Last edited:
Surely an oversight that the Canadian pages (English and French) are quoting fluffy NEDC range figures instead of EPA ones for RWD.

For the S85, it should start at 429 km EPA, then go to 475 km at 100 kph with the Dual Motors. However, by starting with the 502 km NEDC, it gives the impression that range drops to 475 km with D.
Also, not sure why they don't say 475 km at 105 kph, to be equivalent to the 65 mph on the USA site.