Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield washers not hitting their target

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried using the windshield washers on my 2.5 week old car for the first time.....and a total of three drops landed on the windshield. The rear half of the roof and rear window were covered though. LOL. I wish my service center did not have a six week backlog to get these simple things fixed. I am having frequent lock-ups of both screens while driving along with non-functional USB ports and the A/C motor is making a high-pitched and loud squeal while running. I've also had the charge door open while driving on the freeway a few times now. I realize people are frequently praising Tesla service, but having to wait so long to get these unacceptable issues fixed does not deserve praise.

Get a small/normal sized paper clip. Unbend it. Stick the end into one of the 4 washer nozzles on the underside of the frunk lip. Move down very slightly. Repeat for the remaining 3 nozzles.

Very quick to get them coarsely pointed at the windshield this way. Make sure to ask about getting them aimed properly at the service center when you do eventually get there.

Takes ~5-10 minutes to get them hitting the windshield. Maybe 15-20 to get them all hitting it perfectly.

Get a small/normal sized paper clip. Unbend it. Stick the end into one of the 4 washer nozzles on the underside of the frunk lip. Move down very slightly. Repeat for the remaining 3 nozzles.

Very quick to get them coarsely pointed at the windshield this way. Make sure to ask about getting them aimed properly at the service center when you do eventually get there.
Takes ~5-10 minutes to get them hitting the windshield. Maybe 15-20 to get them all hitting it perfectly.

Agreed. Not a specific Tesla problem. I have had to do this on some of my previous Audis and BMWs. Easy DIY project.