Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash cam installer in Orange County, California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Blackvue 650 and can attest to the peace of mind provided. Add a second microSD card - it will accommodate a 64GB version.

Can't help you with an OC installer.

RTFM and Google for any unanswered questions - for example, to restart the unit after configuration changes such as timezone, hold down the wifi (?) button for 7 seconds. Try not to mess with the coax after installation - it's a one-pin deal. Perfectly fine when left alone.

The video quality is better than expected - even through tinted (Photosync 35) glass.

I found that installing the Blackvue was extremely easy, less than an hour. The wire to the back easily hid under the door openings upper rubber gasket. Currently connected to the power outlet. When it gets warmer, I'll connect it to the fuse box.

I'm thinking about trying it myself but I could see messing up my nice car.

I believe I only want the new Blackvue 600 front dash cam. It's around $280 at Amazon with a 32G card. I don't really care about the rear camera option. I also don't want the Magic Pro power regulator nor do I want the camera to record when the car is parked. I just want some type of protection if somebody cuts me off or stops short and causes an accident. I was involved in one with a previous cheap(er) car and I was shocked at how the woman's story changed when my insurance company called me to tell me the news. Thankfully I had a witness and he gave me his name and number and once she was informed of that I was 100% cleared. No witness and the same thing happens in my Tesla and I'm out big time!

My car is just below VIN 20,000 and I don't think it has the front headliner power cord so it most likely will have to be home-run to the fuse box. I've heard good things about Al & Ed's and also La Jolla Audio down around San Diego. Both are equidistant from me. Even if it's $150 to install it professionally it's something that would give me some confidence in the installation.

Anyone use or know of a good dash cam installer in Orange County?

Is the Black Vue 550 still the most popular one? Or is there a better choice?

Thanks

OK Not OC but I recomend International Auto Radio in North Hollywood on Lankershim and Burbank Blvd. They have installed lighted T's, dash and rear cams, tint, and much more on all of my Model S's.