Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newish cars and 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

breser

AutoPilot Nostradamus
Aug 28, 2014
North Bend, WA
So I've got a theory that newer cars (say those built in the last 3 weeks or so) have not gotten 6.0 at all.

Has anyone that has the swapped turn signal/cruise control stalks gotten 6.0 yet?

If so this might very well be a sign that there is a computer difference in these cars that has caused them to hold off on applying the upgrade. As far as I know everyone getting these cars has been getting 5.12 or 5.14.

I read that support for the new features hadn't been added to 6.0 but was in 5.14, so the new cars got that. I just had a problem and they upgraded me to the very latest 6.0 version, which does support all the new stuff, and which is being pushed out to folks - mostly people who already had 6.0, I believe.

I read that support for the new features hadn't been added to 6.0 but was in 5.14, so the new cars got that. I just had a problem and they upgraded me to the very latest 6.0 version, which does support all the new stuff, and which is being pushed out to folks - mostly people who already had 6.0, I believe.

Hmm that's a good point. The latest version of 6.0 might be appropriate for the newer cars.

TomFromCT, what version of 6.0 did you get and when? Was the car delivered with it, got it later, etc...

I took delivery of 56xxx on September 25th. I have the new stalks but not the driver assistance features. I'm still on 5.14 and when I took delivery my DS said I'd get 6.0 once they updated it to account for the swapped stalks.

I suspect they're holding back a 6.1 update until after Elon's announcement today, and they'll enable driver assistance features with it as well (for those luckier than me).

I wonder if the new auto-pilot features are already in 6.0, but they didn't want to let the cars that have the hardware get that version because they weren't ready to release the auto-pilot... now that the reveal event is over, maybe they'll get the update? (or maybe they want to tweak those features more first)

I wonder if the new auto-pilot features are already in 6.0, but they didn't want to let the cars that have the hardware get that version because they weren't ready to release the auto-pilot... now that the reveal event is over, maybe they'll get the update? (or maybe they want to tweak those features more first)

That was indeed my theory. Somewhere someone with the sensors said they had 5.9 and still had lane departure and speed assist. So it's clear that those features have been in the software for quite some time.

Same for me... took delivery on 9/29 at Fremont - all the new hardware - still on 5.14. I am at the service center today for an AC Fan noise issue and hood alignment issue. I asked my service rep to update the FW to 6.0 if possible. He told me that the new hardware Model S can't use 6.0 - yet - however there is something pending so he was going to check and see if they can place a newer release on the car today. I will keep you all posted!

Just going to get my P85+ from the Fremont service center and for sure it has 6.0 on it (1.67.42). SC called and told me that this was just released last week for the "newer" MS with the new HW. It is 6.0... I'll let you know if I find out anything else after pickup.