Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for better ways to keep your screen clean.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since taking ownership of the car, I've had a lot of excitement playing with the large 17inch screen. Obviously, it's prone to fingerprints. I wanted to see what other solutions people are using, other than the cloth included, to keep their screen fingerprint free.

Short of wearing gloves with capacitive pads at the fingertips or having some odd skin disease in which no oils are present on your fingertips, I don't think there are any methods for keeping it fingerprint-free. Comes with the territory.

Since taking ownership of the car, I've had a lot of excitement playing with the large 17inch screen. Obviously, it's prone to fingerprints. I wanted to see what other solutions people are using, other than the cloth included, to keep their screen fingerprint free.

I bought the HD Anti-Fingerprint screen protectors from Abstract Ocean. They were easy to install and have worked quite well so far.

This protector 'BoxWave ClearTouch Duo' : Amazon.com: BoxWave 2013 Tesla Model S Navigation System ClearTouch Duo (2-Pack): Computers Accessories

and this screen cleaning kit: Tesla Model S Screen Cleaning Kit Review - TESLARATI.com

it's worth noting that after I put cleaned the screen using that kit and then I put the boxwave protector on, about 18 months later I haven't had the need to clean my screen again at all. That protector completely stops fingerprint smudges.

Is it a good fit? I see that protectors seem to come in too-big-hard-to-install and too-small-annoying-gap-around-the-edges. Not sure which would be worse. How is the BoxWave product?