Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo liner/Floor mat question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I do a lot of outdoor activities and would like to get a cargo liner for the trunk. I was wondering are their any two piece sets that give you access to the cargo well/hidden compartment or is it pretty easy to just lift that up. Right now I have a nifty little organizer under the lid which has a ton of stuff that I access frequently. I'd also ideally like it to not cover the "side slots" as I find this a great place to stash gallons of milk or igloo water containers so they don't spill. Tesla has a two piece set but it looks like one piece is for the whole trunk and the other goes IN the cargo well.

I'd prefer plastic or something easy to clean as I spend a lot of time at the beach.

Thanks
K

I have the Tesla set that is easily lifted/folded up at the rear to gain access to the footwell area. It does not extend to or cover the side slots so they are totally useable as well. Good quality plastic that I'd guess is made by Weather Tech but Tesla sells them at a lower price than I could find them aftermarket. I bought the Frunk liner too and am very happy with both. I also like that they are black and not gray like the Weather Tech's so they blend with the interior better.

I have the Tesla set that is easily lifted/folded up at the rear to gain access to the footwell area. It does not extend to or cover the side slots so they are totally useable as well. Good quality plastic that I'd guess is made by Weather Tech but Tesla sells them at a lower price than I could find them aftermarket. I bought the Frunk liner too and am very happy with both. I also like that they are black and not gray like the Weather Tech's so they blend with the interior better.

^^^ This exactly.

I have dogs bouncing in and out of my car constantly, including the rear where we have jump seats they sit on. The Tesla mats look great when wiped off, but stand up to abuse. They're sturdy enough handle dirt, sand, rain, etc and flexible enough to fold to lift out of the car.

Of all the things I've bought for my Model S, these all weather mats are easily the best decision I made.

I fully expect to have Tesla all-weather mats in hand when I show up in Fremont to take delivery of my Model X next year. They're that good.

I got the full set of all weather mats. Other than the logo peeling off the passenger side one, no issues and they work/fit well. I keep stuff in that rear wheel well and can access the sides without lifting anything. Its not bad getting in and out of that rear wheel well and I like that its very hidden.

Update. So I've had them for a couple of weeks now (delivery took quite a long time). The Tesla cargo liner looks great and matches the decor/color perfectly. It catches the sand well and is pretty easy to remove and clean. I have full access to the side areas so I can still drop a growler or jug of milk in there and not worry about spilling.

Its pretty easy to access the hidden section of the cargo well but you have to use one hand to hold the mat and the top to the section. I'm only grabbing a golf ball and my shoes so its no big deal but if I wanted to get something heavy or something that needed two hands to get out it would be a problem.

Overall I'm satisfied. We will see how they hold up

This may be obvious, but make sure not to order the frunk liner currently available if you are getting a dual motor model S, as it will not fit. There will, supposedly, be a redesigned frunk liner available around the time the first dual motor cars are delivered.