Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What If Tesla Announces Model 3 Tomorrow, Who Will Order?

Will you get the Model 3?

• I will get the Model 3 because I loved owning the Roadster

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I will get the Model 3 because I loved owning the Model S

Votes: 75 26.6%
  • I will get the Model 3 because the Model S is way to high to be sensible

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • I will get the Model 3 to support Tesla as a company

Votes: 51 18.1%
  • I won't ge a Model 3 because I love my Model S and don't need another car

Votes: 34 12.1%
  • I won't get the Model 3 for another reason (state reason in post)

Votes: 22 7.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a fun poll. It would be interesting to see how many on this forum are waiting for the Model 3 that does not have a Model S/Roadster and also it would be interesting to see who would get a Model 3 because of the Model S.

For me, I don't think I am going to own anything but a Tesla for life. I can say this because I love my Model S, even though its the most expensive car I've ever owned by a factor of 3. I am a one car per person kind of guy, so I can definitely see myself purchasing the Model 3 because I would like to get rid of our ICE crutch of our second vehicle that my wife owns.

I would like to hear the reasons why people are going to get the Model 3, or even reasons why you're NOT going to get the Model 3. I may in fact wait to reserve however, or I may reserve and push back the order. I am always concerned about early fit and finish, regardless of the manufacturer.

So VOTE! And let us know why you will/wont get a Model 3!

Planning for a Model S in 2015:
- want the extra size for long distance travel with my wife now that we're empty nesters (also for golf buddy trips)
- don't want to wait until 2017
- some concern about the unknown look of 3, although I expect it will be done well
- but this might be turned all upside down if Aston Martin-looking 3 debuts tomorrow

The use of the past tense is a little misleading for me. I plan to buy a Model 3 because I LOVE owning my Model S. The Model 3 will be for my bf. I will keep driving my S for a long, long time.

Need the option: I will get the Model 3 in addition to the Model X I will get because I love driving electric and so far Tesla makes the best electric.

I don't make my purchasing decisions based on supporting a company .. it's all about the quality and how well I think the vehicle will fit my needs over the period of time I plan on owning it. I may lease another LEAF in 2015 to go with the Model X until the Model 3 is ready.

Back in 2010 I was tired of waiting for a plugin car, LEAF didn't look practical for my needs (especially with very little initial charging infrastructure), and the Volt specifications seemed like the perfect interim stepping stone. By the time the model 3 comes out I will have 7-8 years and close to 200,000 miles on my Volt. Model 3 should be an ideal upgrade. Model S is little larger than I need and I'm willing to wait for a somewhat less expensive model. I plan to get the bigger battery pack that I assume will give me a range comparable to an S85. I'd also like to help Tesla succeed and want usable long-distance DC charging facilities.

I didn't vote because my situation isn't in the poll. I have a Model S because I have wanted a good electric car for 30 years. While I love the S it is more than I need to go back and forth 10 miles to work and to the airport once in a while. We tow a camper and take all of our road trips in our other car.

In a perfect world I would trade the S for an E and replace our aging Odyssey with an X. First I need to convince the wife that the SC network will let us go wherever we want and the X can tow. Then I'll have to figure out if we can actually afford it! :smile:

I'm planning on getting a Model S next year as my signature explains. Waiting until 2017/2018 to get a Tesla is just a little too far off even though the Model III is the right car for me. Maybe I'll sell my S to get a loaded Model III in 2018/2019. That way I'm buying and supporting the company long term.

IF Tesla were going to start delivering the Model 3 in 2015 then I would be ready to put a deposit down right now. The car I actually want is a Model 3 Performance. The Model S and Model X are both bigger than what I need and the price is a stretch for me. But I don't want to wait until 2017 or 2018 to own a Tesla. So I'm saving up to buy a Model S next year.

I voted for "I will get the Model 3 because the Model S is way to high to be sensible" because that answer most closely approximates what I would do IF the thread title (not the poll title) were true.

Model 3 or lease return Model X, the more I think about it, the more the lease return Model X makes sense especially if it is price competitive with a new Model 3. I was probably going to get a production Model 3 but I doubt I'll get one before the end of 2018/2019 because I expect huge demand and long waits. I have two options - replace Leaf with Model 3 or SUV with used Model X. The latter will make me all electric.

sometimes I wish folks would do a poll on how to word the options, LOL! it's none of the above for me. I'd consider ordering the 3 as our get around commuter, paired possibly with something like the X down the road, that would be a very nice combo. As soon as we can, we are getting away from having the second car be a short range EV like the Leaf. we want a solid 150-200 mile range in our secondary car to fully return us to the flexibility we had with two ICE's... and we are willing to "tough it out" with short range EV's for the secondary until a decent one is available, we really don't want to ever return to gas.