Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are they now? The first 100 Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days ago I was reading some of the older posts on the site and came across a post that stated Tesla had reserved it first 100 Roadsters. That article sparked this new post which leads me to ask how are the first 100 Roadster doing some two years later?

Can any original owners, current owners and techs can give us an update on the first 100. Thanks. :)

This was the first response from member "No96"

However, No96 has been driving around for over a year and the owner is very happy with it; the acceleration still brings a smile to my face. The range has never been an issue.

Last edited:

#26 is running beautifully, without anything bad to report, here in the Bay Area. It's been about fifteen months now and it still feels the same. I love this car.

#26 is running beautifully, without anything bad to report, here in the Bay Area. It's been about fifteen months now and it still feels the same. I love this car.

That's good to hear that Number 26 is still running and well at that. JSA, post pics of No. 26 please.

I think its very important for people to hear about the success of the first 100 becase it will show that Tesla Motors put together an awesome product.

Last edited:
James,

Thanks for the up date. What color is his Roadster? Post a picture if you can.

Here is the Signature 100 Tesla Roadster that is sometimes used for pizza delivery by the owner. He started the restaurant near his house because of the lack any good pizza options nearby. It is really good pizza. This Tesla owner also has a 6 kw solar system on his house. Very cool setup.

101_0827.jpg

Last edited:
#47 is doing fine in S. Florida. Just had my fogged headlamps replaced with heated ones (under warranty). Still waiting for an upgrade for A/C.

Also need rear tires and would like to hear if anyone has changed from the factory originals to a longer wearing type.

Attachments

• DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 674
j-g,

Please tell us more about "heated headlamps". the fogging problem has been with these cars from the very beginning but Tesla has made no move to fix the issue until your post.

Details please. :smile:

thanks

And in winter, even in Northern California, if the car is parked outside while temps drop from above to below freezing in moist weather overnight, they get frosted over so badly as to provide nearly no lighting at all. Heated headlights would be the "hot ticket" :cool:

558d1264955193-where-they-now-first-100-roadsters-frosty.jpg

2nd edit: Photo does not show. Back to Thumbnail.

Attachments

• Frosty.jpg
    Frosty.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 954
Last edited by a moderator:
Last week, I took my car in for minor maintenance of the sound system and fogging headlights. I was told I was the first to receive the new fog-free, heated headlights. From my understanding, they have been in the works for a long time. I have been "complaining" about the problem for over a year now.

Looks like the new solution worked. Now I am hopeful they have an equally effective remedy for A/C.

Here is the Signature 100 Tesla Roadster that is sometimes used for pizza delivery by the owner. He started the restaurant near his house because of the lack any good pizza options nearby. It is really good pizza. This Tesla owner also has a 6 kw solar system on his house. Very cool setup.

Probably not these guys but the thinking is the same.
Galactic Pizza
Here are a few of the values led activities we are currently engaging in:
When conditions allow, our food is delivered to your door using 100% electric vehicles.

All of the power purchased to run our restaurant is renewable wind energy.