Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westfield: 12 miles left and a miracle happened

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove into London today - I had 180 miles as per typical setting when I left the Birmingham supercharger. I was due in Central London but rain & stop start traffic meant I needed to park the car somewhere safe and get on the Underground as I was rapidly running out of charge.

We were down to 12 miles when we came off the A40 at Westfield shopping centre and went to the valet parking who informed us there was Tesla superchargers. We were surprised because they are not listed anywhere yet ...

According to theTesla Westfield store, these Superchargers are not working yet ... and that's what I promised I would say....

And so it's a miracle that with Superchargers not working I managed 180 mile charge in around 40 minutes ...

I have to say the staff at the Westfield centre are very accommodating.

I have a few teething issues with the car (2 weeks after delivery) and they have promised to look into them for me.

I've had 3 supercharges today - 2x Birmingham & 1xLondon - around 450 miles. We just need the Superchargers in sensible locations ie on a motorway services station, and then the range anxiety will dissipate (12 miles left was finger biting stuff today).

I have an 85. It is a lot of driving for one day, but I've done it several times before in my Mercedes s320d. In the Mercedes, I would have done it on one tank of fuel, and the S Class is so comfortable I would have felt fresh. Unfortunately the Tesla is not as comfortable, and so I feel very tired this morning.

Re:below 0 - yes I believe there are 17 rated miles - but I never want to find out!