Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Value of your Tesla Model S in the UK.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any solid figure on the value of our Teslas after 3 years has got to be good news, especially when Elon Musk says "Even if Tesla is unable to honor [the buyback guarantee], I will personally do so," the founder and CEO, who is worth an estimated $10 billion, told reporters at the time. "That's what I mean by putting my money where my mouth is."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20141006/RETAIL04/310069963/teslas-trump-card-used-cars

However do you feel the 43% to 50% of its value over three years is high or low?

Last edited:
Given the US market would suggest higher values then there is a potential for the same here. I don't see myself wanting a different car in 3 years or that there will be much on the market to compete so maybe there's going to be a good few holding on to them.

Tesla benchmarked Mercedes Benz S-Class.

You get 50% of the price of the base 60 kWh Model S plus 43% of any options you get including the 85 kWh battery option.

Better than S-Class(even a wee bit) is good. Or high in this case.

That's what Tesla will guarantee if you use their finance. Not necessarily what you'd get selling a car on the open market in 3 years. Tesla themselves are standing behind any potential shortfall, not the finance company, but it's only available to financed cars using Tesla's agreed plans.

I wanted to claim the FYA on mine so I didn't use finance

The annual "inspection" is also required to claim guaranteed residuals. For what's involved it is an awful lot of money (especially the total cost if you live hours away from a Tesla service centre), and if the warranty is still good, I'll save myself hours of driving and get the brake pads changed at a local garage (that's if they even need it with my predicted millage!)