Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did You Install The Front Camera Kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Did you install the Front Camera Kit that artsci developed?
Sorry, did not mean to offend or ignore credit due to others too, like WhiteP85.

I completed my installation a couple of weeks ago. Its great having that front view while parking and racing down the highway. When parking the view is just right (nearly perfect) for that up close angle.

I have the parking sensors. However the front cam adds another level of damage prevention.
I am so glad I completed this mod. If you haven't I highly recommend it. Its great insurance against damage.

My thanks to artsci for this mod and the instructions.

Sorry, did not mean to offend or ignore credit due to others too, like WhiteP85.

I completed my installation a couple of weeks ago. Its great having that front view while parking and racing down the highway. When parking the view is just right (nearly perfect) for that up close angle.

I have the parking sensors. However the front cam adds another level of damage prevention.
I am so glad I completed this mod. If you haven't I highly recommend it. Its great insurance against damage.

I REALLY want to, just haven't yet had the time :/

Glad to know you're enjoying it though

I have everything I think for the installation. But right now, we are renovating our kitchen so I've been focused on that. Glad to hear that it is working well for you.

I found a shop that has done a little work on Teslas and will do this work for you. Contact Kent at Security & Sound Systems on S. Beretania. Let us know how it goes if you see him.

I took it to Kent and he installed the camera. He worked very hard to get it "just so", and really did a nice job - treated the car with the proper respect and even held off closing the Frunk because I told him it was delicate. He made a little notch for the camera - I got that idea from the camera thread on this board. He also ran the wiring through the factory holes, instead of doing it as suggested in the instructions. He's a nice guy and I am very satisfied with the job. PM me if you want specific details.

I'm debating whether to have them install aftermarket sensors as well.

Last edited:
I took it to Kent and he installed the camera. He worked very hard to get it "just so", and really did a nice job - treated the car with the proper respect and even held off closing the Frunk because I told him it was delicate. He made a little notch for the camera - I got that idea from the camera thread on this board. He also ran the wiring through the factory holes, instead of doing it as suggested in the instructions. He's a nice guy and I am very satisfied with the job. PM me if you want specific details.

I'm debating whether to have them install aftermarket sensors as well.

Wow, that sounds great. I am so pleased for you that its working out. How do you like that view in front as you are driving now? So of weird when you see an oncoming vehicle show up on the right hand side of the screen, huh? Whoa !! I said the first few times.