Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Paid advertising

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Tesla has been ramping up with actual paid advertising as opposed to only relying on the free marketing that comes with such a game changer.

In the LA store there are two LA lifestyle magazines magazines on the counter where that store sprung for full page ads for the car and Store. I keep forgetting to write down the names of them for posterity.

This page was the first time I notices that Tesla Motors had a paid Google Ad The Ultimate Driving Distraction: Electric Cars

imgad?id=CNbUzu-n27zMJRCsAhjvATIIVjbqQNvju40.jpg

This URL image link will probably disappear pretty quick so if anyone knows how to archive this picture here on TMC ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this ad yesterday on a website and laughed because the store was in California. I was just reading an article on the auto channel website and I saw an ad for the local New York store. I have been consciously watching all my driving and realized that a 160 mile range Model S will work fine for me.

Came up on my mail page.

How did it know I had an interest in tesla:wink:

edit to add:
Turns out it changes store locations when it comes up. Don't know if it's random or "knows" which to use. Neither of these are near me in LA.

Attachments

• tesla mp ad.jpg
    tesla mp ad.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,425
Last edited:
Did you know that google ads follow you? By that, I mean that if I'm advertising say Apples and you mention that you like fruit, you'll see my ad on grocery, banking and the TMC sites; google will hit you three or more times rather than hiting three people once. The theory being that you get confused and assume every except you is eating apples and that you need them now.

Did you know that google ads follow you? By that, I mean that if I'm advertising say Apples and you mention that you like fruit, you'll see my ad on grocery, banking and the TMC sites; google will hit you three or more times rather than hiting three people once. The theory being that you get confused and assume every except you is eating apples and that you need them now.

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool for both advertiser and consumer. It's funny when the ads come up even if you say you hate apples too!

Wasn't I posting "Faster than a Ferrari, Greener than a Prius" about 3 years ago? I liked that both cars started with 'F' as I thought it was more symetrical, but I guess that since Elon prefers Porsche... well you know! :eek:

I liked that both cars started with 'F
???

It seems from reports that Porsche is taking the biggest hit. Owners who bought Roadsters let the German machines gather dust.

Personal experience has show me the face of Porsche owners in test rides.
It starts out as shock, which goes into disbelief and denial, then a tiny shaking of the head in realization. When they get out they just stare back at the car, silent. I don't see the EV grin as much with them. But I guess when your whole world crashes around you, you have other thinks on your mind.

Wasn't I posting "Faster than a Ferrari, Greener than a Prius" about 3 years ago? I liked that both cars started with 'F' as I thought it was more symetrical, but I guess that since Elon prefers Porsche... well you know! :eek:

Unfortunately, it's not faster than a Ferrari - it's quicker than a Ferrari. The Ferrari's top speed easily tops the Roadster's, even if the Roadster gets to 60MPH more quickly.

I don't know any good "Q" cars to be quicker than, though.

This might also be well placed in the Stores thread.

http://www.odopod.com/work/tesla-retail-experience/

Touch Screens for Tesla

Tesla Motors is the world’s most innovative car company – launching radically new products into a familiar category. Their challenge: educate potential buyers on the power of electric and launch a new brand - all while rethinking the entire industry. Our first task as their agency of record was to refresh the brand's digital platform.
The company’s voice and visual language were out of sync with their products and expanding audience. We delivered a top-down brand refresh – color, typography, photography, copy and a totally redesigned website. Then, the adventure took an exciting twist.
The Tesla executive team called upon Odopod to help them with their innovative new retail strategy. The idea: create small-footprint retail experiences in high-end shopping areas across the US. The highlight of the new stores are a series of interactive kiosks designed and developed by our team. Together, these giant touchscreen kiosks completely immerse visitors inside the world of owning a Tesla.