Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TESLAROADTRIP “Tesla Meets Tesla” First Annual Event at Wardenclyffe, 25 October 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings Fellow Tesla Owners, Reservation Holders, and Enthusiasts!!!! We have been working for the past 5 months with the Tesla Science Center (TSC) Board on a very special event, and we now have approval to begin to advertise this first-ever annual event dubbed “Tesla Meets Tesla.” This event is an outreach by Tesla owners in support of the Tesla Science Center mission, which is to “Develop Nikola Tesla’s last and only existing laboratory in Shoreham, NY (USA) into a science and technology center and museum.” This laboratory, built in 1901, was called Wardenclyffe, and the entrance is located at 1-5 Randall Rd, Shoreham, NY 11786. We are looking for 30 Tesla car owners to serve as volunteers for fall cleanup on the site in the morning (9 am to noon). At 1 pm, following the cleanup session, the TSC will open this historic site to the public to inform them about Wardenclyffe and what Nikola Tesla did on the site, the critical need for funds to rebuild the facility, and also give people an opportunity to learn about Tesla car technology (this is where our Tesla car owners and the Tesla store in Syosset NY come in). THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WARDENCLYFFE HAS BEEN OPENED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

The 25 October “Tesla Meets Tesla” event is split into two time periods. From 0900-1200, we need 30 Tesla Owners to bring their Teslas and do some cleanup chores at the site (removing debris, trimming, etc. - nothing too strenuous!) at the direction of the TSC Board who will have a list of chores for the volunteers. However, before we get started, we will line up the 30 Teslas and owners in front of Tesla's lab and take photos. Then we will park the 30 Teslas in the area designated by the TSC Board (for the afternoon public viewing) and get to work. At noon we will take a break, cleanup and change clothes (if necessary), and prepare for the public session from 1-4 PM. At the event some of Long Island's best food trucks will be there to feed folks (pay as you go), high-end heated/air conditioned portable bathrooms for your comfort, and Tesla folks from the Sysosset Store will be there also.

Two last notes:
• The TSC Board is running this show (and we Tesla Owners are in support of the TSC), and it is about educating the public, raising money, and showing the public Nikola Teslas last remaining lab in the U.S.
• The rain date for this event is Sunday 26 October.
• We cannot have more than 30 Teslas and 30 volunteers during the cleanup. If you are bringing children, you will need to ensure they are monitored (i.e., babysat, so to speak) at all times, as there are areas in Wardenclyffe that are not safe to go.

If you can attend the cleanup session from 9 am to noon and you can bring your Tesla, post the following info in the thread:
• Name
• Mobile number (you can PM me your cell phone number if you like)
• Model info (Roadster, Model S60, 85, P85, P85+)
• Color of car
• Number of guests coming with you.
• Whether you can stay on the 26th in the event of rain on the 25th.

If you cannot bring your car or don't want to help with the cleanup from 9-12 but you want to help the TSC Board with any help they need throughout the morning and afternoon, please provide the following:
• Name
• Mobile number (you can PM your mobile number to me if you like)
• Number of setup volunteers

We look forward to hearing from at least 30 Tesla owners for this first-ever event! And keep an eye out on the forum for an announcement about a MASSIVE fund raising event to raise $30 million dollars to bring Wardenclyffe back to life and realize the dream of the Tesla Science Center!!! Jim

Brilliant :) I love it.
Not sure if I can make it since I have some tough travel the following week, but I am so glad to see this collaboration moving along so well.
One thing that I thought would be pretty cool is if those of us who are Tesla car owners could include the company logo on our bricks so that people who look at the collection can see the impact Nicola is having today.

JT. As you know, I can't make it, but it sounds like a great event. Good luck.

Thanks - think this will be a great event, and the TSC plans to make it an annual event, too!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be there. I'm planning on driving up Friday afternoon-evening from NoVA if anyone wants to meet up.

Andrew, that's great news!!! I do have a Model S owner who would like to attend but not drive - maybe you can give her a ride? PM me if you are interested.

Also, please provide the following info:

• Name
• Mobile number (you can PM me your cell phone number if you like)
• Model info (Roadster, Model S60, 85, P85, P85+)
• Color of car
• Number of guests coming with you.
• Whether you can stay on the 26th in the event of rain on the 25th.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to rearrange a gig ... should be able to make it. Are you coordinating/suggesting any hotel for overnighters?

John Davis
P85+ MCRed
Guests: ?
26th is good.

John, outstanding - thank you!!! Can you PM me your cell number? As far as hotels, I just went to kayak.com and booked a room. We are not coordinating hotel rooms, as this is Long island's busy season (weddings!).

- - - Updated - - -

If the site looks like these photos, it's going to take some serious 'clean up'.

John, we are only doing three hours of cleanup of the areas where people will be parking and transiting to/from their cars to the area in front of the lab. I was just there a month ago on the grounds, and each month volunteers like us continue to chip away at the overgrowth! By the way, the photos you referenced are pretty old and do not reflect what the site looks like now. Take a look at the TSC website for more current photos.

Hello, I do not own a Tesla (yet, test drove but don't have the money). I would love to help out with cleanup or anything I can. I would be available both days if you needed the help. I have backed this project from the beginning and would love the opportunity to help more. Here is my info
Tim McDowell
Cleanup guests - 1, maybe 2

Hello, I do not own a Tesla (yet, test drove but don't have the money). I would love to help out with cleanup or anything I can. I would be available both days if you needed the help. I have backed this project from the beginning and would love the opportunity to help more. Here is my info
Tim McDowell
Cleanup guests - 1, maybe 2

Tim, we welcome your participation! PM me your email address (or post here) too, and when you lock in the number of folks you are bringing, let me know. Thank you - we have about 15 folks so far between TMC and Teslamotors forum volunteers!

Kinda hard to say no to any volunteer helping out a good cause:) Tesla owner or not!

We will have more than enough cars there to make a point that it won't matter if we are down one or two... I have discovered once you get about 10 - 15 Teslas together it all just starts to seem crazy how many cars are all there!

The important thing is that someone who is interested in Tesla, the car company, has also shown interest in Tesla, the man, in order to do what they can to help!

Just came across this thread. I want to attend and I have the time open, but I'll have to discuss this with my wife today. If she agrees, I'll be there to help out. As we seem to have a Maryland, Delaware, and NOVA contingent shaping up, maybe we can arrange a caravan.

Just came across this thread. I want to attend and I have the time open, but I'll have to discuss this with my wife today. If she agrees, I'll be there to help out. As we seem to have a Maryland, Delaware, and NOVA contingent shaping up, maybe we can arrange a caravan.

Always good to have one of the leaders in the Tesla community coming! When you know if you can attend provide the requested info to me here on TMC, via PM, or you can email me at [email protected]. BTW, I met you shortly after the All Superchargers lead ot DC event when you installed the lighted T on AJs car in Lorton, VA.

Jim Thompson

Wife is ok with me being away that weekend, so I’ll be there and very much look forward to lending a hand.

I’ll be arriving Friday evening and staying in in an area hotel, which I haven’t booked yet. Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?

andrewket, I'd be happy to caravan up there with you. Where do you want to meet? My office is in downtown Baltimore so I-95 anywhere north in I-95 will work.

Rick

Wife is ok with me being away that weekend, so I’ll be there and very much look forward to lending a hand.

I’ll be arriving Friday evening and staying in in an area hotel, which I haven’t booked yet. Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby?

andrewket, I'd be happy to caravan up there with you. Where do you want to meet? My office is in downtown Baltimore so I-95 anywhere north in I-95 will work.

Rick

Rick, I hit you back on email When the event gets closer, I'll see if we can coordinate folks driving up. I am heading up on Thursday as I have work to do with the TSC Board all day Friday to prep for the event.

@TESLAROADTRIP “Tesla Meets Tesla” First Annual Event at Wardenclyffe, 25 Oct...

Rick- open to meeting north of Baltimore. It looks like Jim is going to try to organize us a bit. Let's see how that plays out.

Rick- open to meeting north of Baltimore. It looks like Jim is going to try to organize us a bit. Let's see how that plays out.

OK, I'll go with whatever Jim decides. It would be great if we can all get together for dinner when we arrive in the area and perhaps breakfast before we head out to Wardenclyffe on Saturday am. But I'm sure Jim is already thinking about such things.