Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location-based air suspension not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I have found is that location based auto raising works, but location based lowering does not exist.

The only way to lower is to go fast enough to trigger lowering or to manually lower.
This is I believe a deliberate design decision.

location dependent height is a one way command: it assumes that you will pass an obstruction and your speed increasing will determine when it is safe to lower again.

i find this very useful in many guises eg approaching a road with a run of sleeping policemen (English name for speed bumps!). I can raise the car and it will only lower again when I have a flat enough road to speed up again so it avoids the need for multiple presses to cope with each bump.

It's been working for me. Albeit with a little learning curve.

The key (if you're going to raise it to very high) is that you need to be moving at 19 mph or less. It won't raise to very high. I bring my speed down to under 20 at about 300' before my house.
I've gotten used to just letting the car lower itself as I drive. The set points appear to be 20 lowers it to high and 34 lowers it to normal.

Also, if you're viewing the height setting screen, don't touch the little X where it says raising by location in the upper middle.

location dependent height is a one way command: it assumes that you will pass an obstruction and your speed increasing will determine when it is safe to lower again.

i find this very useful in many guises eg approaching a road with a run of sleeping policemen (English name for speed bumps!). I can raise the car and it will only lower again when I have a flat enough road to speed up again so it avoids the need for multiple presses to cope with each bump.

This is what I believe to be the case. I have exactly that on the road in front of my house in Boulder, Colorado, but the speed limit beyond the speed humps is 30 mph. Unless I go 36 mph or faster on that 30 mph road beyond the speed humps, the car will not lower. OTOH, the car looks better when in "normal" height, and I would like the car to auto-magicly lower if it learns lowering boundaries from me with my manual lowering.