Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 MODEL S P85 - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 MODEL S P85

EARLY MODEL P85 (does not have new Auto Pilot features)

OPTIONS INCLUDE:

* 85 kWh Battery
* Twin Chargers
* Performance Leather with red piping
* 21" Grey Tesla Wheels
* Carbon Fiber Decor
* Sound Studio package
* Active Air Suspension
* Parcel Shelf
* Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler
* Supercharger Hardware
* Panoramic All Glass Roof

Windows have been tinted and clear bra on the front of the car.

Less thank 21K miles

24K mile service just completed.

List Date: 10/5/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 MODEL S P85
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

0z05xkzhYvmc.jpg

Mobile friendly version: 2013 MODEL S P85

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

If the car is that new, why not just take advantage of the happiness guarantee. I doubt anyone will pay MSRP - rebate for a used Tesla, when they can get one from the factory for the same price. Especially if they live in a state that has an additional state rebate for *new not used* EVs. Good luck

If the car is that new, why not just take advantage of the happiness guarantee. I doubt anyone will pay MSRP - rebate for a used Tesla, when they can get one from the factory for the same price. Especially if they live in a state that has an additional state rebate for *new not used* EVs. Good luck

The "Happiness Guarantee" applies only to leases. If I'm not mistaken, it also only allows you to return the car without any additional obligation, which would mean you would not receive a refund of down payment. I must admit I haven't looked thoroughly into it as I drive close to 40k miles/year.

2014 tesla model s p85

Problem is likely that anyone spending this much money now is going to go for a new P85D instead. And P85's are going on eBay for $80k and less. granted they don't have autopilot hardware and aren't right off the lot but still...you're kind of caught in the middle which sucks. and your not really offering any incentive or big discount. A thousand bucks or so discount at this level isn't enough to sway someone away from ordering a brand new one custom built the way they want it. Good luck!

Problem is likely that anyone spending this much money now is going to go for a new P85D instead. And P85's are going on eBay for $80k and less. granted they don't have autopilot hardware and aren't right off the lot but still...you're kind of caught in the middle which sucks. and your not really offering any incentive or big discount. A thousand bucks or so discount at this level isn't enough to sway someone away from ordering a brand new one custom built the way they want it. Good luck!

The P85's listed for the price you say are older models with lots of miles. Any P85 with a VIN lower than 30K is not going to be as nice as the newer builds like mine. And yes, mine does have the new features which are being activated soon. It may not be the best deal around but it's not bad either for a pretty much new P85 and no waiting for a tax refund.

The issue is you can build one almost as nice, but a full fledged D for the same price if you live in a State with Tax incentives.
You have to find that needle in a haystack person who wants no Dual Motors, No Air suspension, no bolstered seating, but does prefer a Black interior and 21" wheels.
It's not impossible but as you are finding out not easy either.
Hope you connect up with a buyer soon so you can move on from it.

No.

I actually do not mind dealing with people, it has been interesting meeting/talking with people new to Tesla. Besides if I am going to take a hit more than I already am, I'd rather it be to a new buyer than Tesla.

So let's assume your trade-in offer from Tesla is $95k ("close to my asking price" but not $10k)... which I don't think anyone believes based on all the trade in offers posted in the other thread. So if you take that offer, it's a $5k loss "to Tesla".

But nobody is going to buy your car at anymore than $90k. It's just not going to happen, and if it does, I don't think you're going to beat your claimed offer from Tesla. So by refusing the Tesla offer, you're basically throwing away even more money just because you have some beef against Tesla making more money off of you.

My mother taught me that "all dollars are green".. .so if the best you're going to do is Tesla's trade-in offer, why not just take it and without the hassle of dealing with a private sale? What's so wrong with Tesla making a few more dollars from you if that's in your best financial interest?

Here is the reality of what you are up against...IF someone wants a new car with all the latest features, ( you said your car has them) then they will probably order exactly what they want and wait the 5-6 weeks. The person I just bought my second TESLA from today, is doing just that. Today I purchased his used P85, with EVERY AVAILABLE OPTION except the rear seats 14k miles, for $75500. Another I was looking at on EBAY exactly the same as I bought, sold for $77502. The TESLA Sales dept offered me a DEMO MS85 with Tech, Sound Studio, Leather, 19" Cyclone Wheels, Sub Zero, Pano roof, for $78500 after rebate. So get used to your car it will be with you for quite some time unless you significantly make a desirable price for someone to jump on. Nice Car though.