Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential PR nightmare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder what the selection process is for selecting people to attend October 9th event. Reading threads some with reservations for model x and some without reservations selected. Even some without a reservation or car. I know not everyone can be invited but it does seem somewhat arbitrary. For instance I am aware of an owner with a model S, a roadster, model X reservation and 40,000 shares of stock who isn't invited. Why alienate such a strong Tesla supporter. Perhaps stating the selection criteria would be useful for those left out.

Me too! My friend who doesn't visit the forums was hurt that as a signature X owner he was not contacted. I called and they said they would send a new invite. He has been checking (a lot) and hasn't received the invite. We are buying plane tickets and hotel rooms on the belief that the invite will come and he can have two guests. I have to admit that since other production X reservation holders later than I have been contacted I have been disappointed not to get my own invite.

How would they know number of shares someone holds?

But otherwise I get your point.
Company aware for proxy votes example

- - - Updated - - -

40,000 x $255 = $10,200,000

I wouldn't worry about him/her not getting invited.
Yes it does. That is the consumer and investor you want to keep. Perhaps a lottery of reservation holders or prior owners would be fair but state the process. This person would not complain or request special treatment but I did think it strange that they didn't get one

Of course, so they had to verify number of shares the day Elon tweeted, can't use data from 6 months ago.
I believe you understand the point. To carry your example further how did they know the signature owners still have their cars? Sorry but your point is silly. I think a statement that people invited from potential buyers (reservation owners) and prior buyers, investors by a lottery system would be appropriate to massage egos.

A number of people who did not receive an invite contacted Tesla and found that they were on an 'opt out' list for Tesla emails. If someone has not received an email, they might want to see if that is true for them, instead of having hurt feelings.

They very likely, at some point in time, checked the box that said they did not want to receive news and other information via email from Tesla. So no invite for them.

A simple phone call would resolve it.

A number of people who did not receive an invite contacted Tesla and found that they were on an 'opt out' list for Tesla emails. If someone has not received an email, they might want to see if that is true for them, instead of having hurt feelings.

They very likely, at some point in time, checked the box that said they did not want to receive news and other information via email from Tesla. So no invite for them.

A simple phone call would resolve it.

That happened to me. I never opted out though. What I think happened was, if you sign up for something on Telsa's website and don't check the box that you want to receive Tesla newsletters (if you have already opted in), you get unsubscribed. That's my assumption at least. Someone in marketing at Tesla responded to my email and is looking into it to see what happened.

That's not the case for me. This was already checked:

Contact | Tesla Motors
GetTeslaUpdates.png

Then again, I'm an "old" (S) Sig not a "new" (X) Sig so maybe that's the criteria. Or maybe it's CA.

I really just hope I don't get hozed on an early Sig 3 reservation because whenever that party comes around I'm on some black list or not on the VIP list. Or, like, I have life going on so I can't fly to California on a whim on less than a week's notice because I'm busy earning a paycheck to pay for the vehicle.

Yah, I'm a little angsty. And, no, I don't expect Tesla to get better about this stuff but I really wish they would. "It's not rocket science" yet they seemly awfully challenged at getting this stuff right at times it seems.

Silly but do you call begging for invitations to party you were left out of? Would certainly hope attendance at event would not influence the reservation cue.

I wouldn't call 'begging for an invitation to a party I was left out of'. I would call and inquire as to why I didn't receive an invite. But they wouldn't hear me begging for an invite.

I used to counsel junior employees to stop trying to figure out how to finagle a seat at the table and to start assuming they had a seat at the table. (And I'm happy to explain that further, if needed.) But if you believe you should have been invited, then you simply need to ask Tesla for your invite instead of stressing about why you didn't get an invite. There could be all sorts of reasons. (I know past parties, people found invites in spam folders, realized they'd given them old emails, etc.) And mistakes happen.

It is a curious thing about these invites. S owner with X reservation and a vocal proponent of Tesla in my region, but no invite. That said, I almost certainly couldn't/wouldn't attend given the difficulty and expense of getting there on a weeknight. Perhaps some regionality to the invite distribution?

Silly but do you call begging for invitations to party you were left out of? Would certainly hope attendance at event would not influence the reservation cue.

Tesla isn't your friend that forgot you. It's a business and you are an excellent customer of theirs on many levels. They might be excluding you for any number reasons and more than likely because they are trying to respect you because they believe that you don't want to be invited. The reason could be that you opted out of their mailing list or for any other possibilities that gave them the idea that you didn't want to be disturbed. Until you ask them and let them know that in the future that you do want to be included then I would expect them to leave you alone out of respect for your wishes. So I would suggest what others have said and call them. Learn why they haven't invited you and correct their misunderstanding of the situation. I am certain that they would love for you to attend the event.

Last edited: