Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meetup at the Oct 9 Hawthorne Airport Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveT

Searcher of green pastures
Nov 15, 2012
Texas
If you're going to be at the Oct 9th event at the Hawthorne Airport, then let's meet up. I think it would be fun meeting people from here in person.

The event starts at 7pm but judging from past Tesla events there will probably be about an hour of socializing and hanging out, ie., 7-8pm. Then, the official presentation will start at 8pm or even maybe 8:30pm. So there should be plenty of time to meet and hang out. Last year at the battery swap event, FredTMC and I hung out and even got to meet FANGO and a few others from TMC as well.

I'll choose the nearest seating area near the refreshments table (if there is one), and I'll probably be standing with some kind of sign that says "TMC Meetup".

So, just stop on by and introduce yourself to the people gathered around. See you there.

If you're going to be at the Oct 9th event at the Hawthorne Airport, then let's meet up. I think it would be fun meeting people from here in person.

The event starts at 7pm but judging from past Tesla events there will probably be about an hour of socializing and hanging out, ie., 7-8pm. Then, the official presentation will start at 8pm or even maybe 8:30pm. So there should be plenty of time to meet and hang out. Last year at the battery swap event, FredTMC and I hung out and even got to meet FANGO and a few others from TMC as well.

I'll choose the nearest seating area near the refreshments table (if there is one), and I'll probably be standing with some kind of sign that says "TMC Meetup".

So, just stop on by and introduce yourself to the people gathered around. See you there.

I'll be there. I was also going to ask if other SandyEggo types wanted to carpool up? But I'm not sure of my own schedule yet.

I will be going also. It will be my first time to the Hawthorne location, and was wondering for a event like this, where is the parking for attendees. Do you enter on Jack Northrop Ave. or Rocket Rd.?

I'll be there. I was also going to ask if other SandyEggo types wanted to carpool up? But I'm not sure of my own schedule yet.

I'm at a conference in San Diego, and have to come back that night, so I'm game.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be going also. It will be my first time to the Hawthorne location, and was wondering for a event like this, where is the parking for attendees. Do you enter on Jack Northrop Ave. or Rocket Rd.?

There have been signs up in the past. Parking is likely going to be at Hawthorne Airport with charging available at the design studio for Tesla owners that need to charge.

There are only about 50 spots at the airport, so they will likely have the valets out as usual.

There have been signs up in the past. Parking is likely going to be at Hawthorne Airport with charging available at the design studio for Tesla owners that need to charge.

There are only about 50 spots at the airport, so they will likely have the valets out as usual.

Thanks Sam. Unfortunately I will have a POS rental, I am just flying in for the night (from Vegas).

Thanks Sam. Unfortunately I will have a POS rental, I am just flying in for the night (from Vegas).

Sorry NJ it looks like you will have to park across the freeway and get shuttled in haha j/k. :tongue:

Last time I got Supercharged I entered off Jack Northrup Ave. but it was night and I didn't notice the Rocket Road entrance. I am sure there will be signs.

DaveT - looking forward and will say hi if I can find my way through the crowd!

Wishing I lived a little closer than San Antonio so I could try and ride someones coattails into this event. I have enough Tesla Gear to fake someone into thinking I am a Sig Reservation holder and I am not above faking a reservation. Alas If only I was a little closer lol. I have made sure I have cash in my account so I can reserve a Model 3 if they open up that. It would feel great to finally be a reservation holder if not a car owner.

I'm at a conference in San Diego, and have to come back that night, so I'm game.

- - - Updated - - -

They often use a large parking lot across Crenshaw as overflow parking for events at the Tesla/SpaceX complex, so I'd expect there to be parking there as well.

Haven't heard whether Roadster owners are invited and didn't get an invite in the email yet (last time I went in for service they had my email misspelled, even after I corrected it once, so I just emailed ownership to see if that's the issue or if I'm just a persona non grata :p), but if I do I'll definitely look for you guys.

Last edited:
Did any of you receive a confirmation for the event sign up?
I'm also wondering this. I did my RSVP for me and 3 guests. After I clicked submit it just said "we look forward to seeing you there" or something like that. No confirmation email or anything. Also I am not a tesla owner. (Future model s, model 3, and model x owner.)I have test driven at the tesla store though and am on mailing list.