Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S - how could you even get into crash like this? (NSFW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a vision of piano movers hiking a Steinway Concert Grand with ropes while the Tesla sits under it waiting to be destroyed.

piano_drop_on_car-33302.gif

I'm with the "something fell" crowd - there doesn't seem to be any rearward displacement, nor scrape marks. No clue if it was occupied at the time, but since it was stationary I'm thinking there's a good chance no one got hurt.

Pretty much the perfect parts car - no damage to any of the systems, but the primary structure is unrecoverably crushed.
Walter

I agree something fell. Note the damage on the right rear roof. That's consistent with falling damage not with any sort of underride crash.

Another note this vehicle appears to have been delivered, on the rear window you can see the sticker with the Tesla logo on it that Tesla uses to affix the temporary plate. If this happened in transit I don't believe that sticker would be there.

Definitely concur with the falling damage theory. Furthermore, the big dent on the rear right portion of the roof would not have happened in any sort of collision that I am aware of. Same with the driver's side door "pinching" outwards. Possibly a tree fell on top of it, with the tree trunk landing on the front portion and a branch hitting the back.