Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mall of America expansion & Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Mall expansion and Tesla. Back when the service center opened I remember them stating they were working on an 'official' Tesla gallery store for the Mall of America that was suppose to happen by Dec 2014. Obviously that didn't happen for whatever reasons. Now with the new expansion and the new Hilton going in, anyone heard of anything new on this front? Would seem to make perfect sense to not open the gallery store but put in some nice SuperChargers in the parking area. Heck, some HPWCs in the MoA lots would even be a good start :smile:

Wondering if anyone has heard anything on the Mall expansion and Tesla. Back when the service center opened I remember them stating they were working on an 'official' Tesla gallery store for the Mall of America that was suppose to happen by Dec 2014. Obviously that didn't happen for whatever reasons. Now with the new expansion and the new Hilton going in, anyone heard of anything new on this front? Would seem to make perfect sense to not open the gallery store but put in some nice SuperChargers in the parking area. Heck, some HPWCs in the MoA lots would even be a good start :smile:
There was lots of speculation as to location, and the MOA was one of them.
It really isn't a very good location though. Poor access for test drives and very expensive.
One of the big advantages of Mall of America was that it gave some international exposure. Now though, Tesla has international exposure with stores built throughout the world.
I think it is more likely that when we do see a Tesla store in Minnesota, it will be at a smaller strip mall type layout such as West End or Ridgedale.

There was lots of speculation as to location, and the MOA was one of them.
It really isn't a very good location though. Poor access for test drives and very expensive.
One of the big advantages of Mall of America was that it gave some international exposure. Now though, Tesla has international exposure with stores built throughout the world.
I think it is more likely that when we do see a Tesla store in Minnesota, it will be at a smaller strip mall type layout such as West End or Ridgedale.
I don't think expensive is an issue. Tesla is in some of the most expensive malls and other shopping areas in the country, emulating Apple. The 3 locations in Texas are probably the highest rent retail areas in each city. Those are high traffic areas of people with disposable income.