Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water in trunk (boot for us outside the USA!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alan

Sep 18, 2010
UK
If I lift up the floor at the bottom of the trunk / boot to access the bit where the tool kit / tire foam etc is stored its always damp or wet. Anything I leave in the trunk gets damp / mouldy after a while.

The seal around the edge of the top of the trunk looks OK so not really sure how water is getting in. Anyone else had the same & if so how did you fix it.

Thx
Alan

Thanks - I did not find that on search. Off to try some of this out.

OK - suspect most of that is 1.5 specific as my boot / trunk floor is different. There are however things bolted through the bottom of the floor with dried out sealant / gunk around them. Might try some holt melt glue or similar.

Last edited:
Thanks - I did not find that on search. Off to try some of this out.

OK - suspect most of that is 1.5 specific as my boot / trunk floor is different. There are however things bolted through the bottom of the floor with dried out sealant / gunk around them. Might try some holt melt glue or similar.

It seamed as though the water was coming in from the bottom, my 2.0 was leaking (mainly when being washed) where the spoiler bolts to the trunk/boot. Tesla applied some sealant around the bolts.