Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Before & After (My Wife Thought I was Crazy!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BEFORE:

IMG_1612.jpg

AFTER:

after.jpg

Well I wouldn't have it any other way... and while my wife thought I was nuts for getting rid of the M5 she is a true believer now. Does the M5 corner better then the Model S... of course but it was never as much fun as the Model S.

I know some people prefer the minimalistic interior of the Model S but in my opinion that is the one area where Tesla could take some pointers from the Germans.

I'm not sure I could live with so many potential dents hanging over my car.

what's your bike rack solution for the wee hoo (bike trailer). Or does it fit in the car?

Yeh... I have always been a nervous wreck about thins falling but you don't see in the picture is a strap that hopefully will help prevent anything falling. What do I have to worry about living in Southern California? LOL :scared:

For transporting the wee-hoo I have a truck when the family goes on bike rides etc.

@Sandpiper - not sure if you were being sarcastic cause of all the potential things to fall on the car but for our family of 6 some storage was necessary and there was all that unused space. Like I said above... I am still little nervous about things falling but everything is very secure, that is until the big one hits but I will be concerned with other things at that time.

@youpidou - Model S is very similar to the M5 in size etc. I didn't even have to adjust the height of the lift gate... it can open full height without touching which surprised me. But as mentioned in other posts the front sensors seem to go red and tell you to stop way too soon. I have a good 12 or so more inches when it tells me to stop. I have to ignore it a little and keep going a tad.

My 12 year old son was really bummed when I got rid of the M5. He is a big UK Top Gear fan and loves his cars. Now all he can talk about is the Model S and the handles that pop out... too funny.

Continuing the before and after theme. Here's mine (was saving some of this for when it was done but it's not so consider this a preview).

Had a 1999 Lexus GS400 (that I bought new in June of 1999 with all of 10 miles):
IMG_3217.JPG

Sold it faster than expected and ended up with an empty garage bay:
IMG_20140912_213923.jpg

Was never really happy with the semi-finished look so decided to work on it while waiting for my car:
IMG_20140921_084825(1).jpg

Car showed up sooner than expected so it's not completely done (I intend for the beam and pillar to be red as well).

Here's the car in the garage:
IMG_20141003_101836.jpg

I'd painted the wire shelves in the corner red as well, but hadn't gotten around to putting them back up. Now that I have the car, I don't think I can have them there since the S is about a foot longer and 7 inches longer than my Lexus. It's a tad tight but the lift gate opens fine and we can get in and out of the car (with some help of the folding mirrors).

jstepy:
Is that the "Steel Gray?" Very nice... That probably would have been my 1st choice if they had that instead of the "Dolphin Gray" last year.

I can't tell for certain by the pics, but it looks like the door to an attached house is behind where you're standing; and is that the charge cable going behind?
If so, you should consider backing into the garage. Use the rear camera for distance. It works great, you can get within 2" easily with confidence. Also you wouldn't have to walk around the car.
Otherwise, I'd install a mirror on the wall angled down so you can see the distance.

I place a tape on the garage floor so its just visible viewing from my rear camera, and get within 1/4" every time. That's much more precise than relying on the parking sensors (which I ignore :smile:). The clearance on the driver's side is gauged by how close my outside mirror is to the garage door edge as I enter.
IMG_5986r.jpg

Last edited: