Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying Whistle at 73 MPH plus...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone -

Been loving my new ride but I have noticed an annoying whistle that happens at approx 73 MPH. I notice the wind noise but this is a completely different and annoying whistling sound.

I know some people have had issues with the panoramic sun roof that needed to be realigned... could this be the same thing?

Lately I have just made sure the radio is on good an loud when I take my friends out bragging about the car.

Hello Everyone -

Been loving my new ride but I have noticed an annoying whistle that happens at approx 73 MPH. I notice the wind noise but this is a completely different and annoying whistling sound.

I know some people have had issues with the panoramic sun roof that needed to be realigned... could this be the same thing?

Lately I have just made sure the radio is on good an loud when I take my friends out bragging about the car.

This whistling noise happened to me. It's not loud, sounds far away and sometimes wonder if you might be hallucinating? Anyway, that was more about me... LOL!

The black plastic applique between the front of the sunroof and the windshield is the culprit. There is a service bulletin to add brackets to that area to pull it down and create a better seal.

Be sure to check this also. Place a straightedge on the forward triangle window and the main driver and passenger windows. If there is the slightest lip, you can get a serious whistle there also (easily fixed by a Ranger with some patience and dedication). The two pieces of glass should be absolutely flush!

Be sure to check this also. Place a straightedge on the forward triangle window and the main driver and passenger windows. If there is the slightest lip, you can get a serious whistle there also (easily fixed by a Ranger with some patience and dedication). The two pieces of glass should be absolutely flush!

I will check this too. Thank you Jake.