Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC Parking at Sofitel or Edison ParkFast nearby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kendallpb

Model S: P 8061
Oct 29, 2010
MD, USA
We'll be at the Sofitel next weekend. They have some kind of no-in-and-out valet thing...no doubt as with most hotels in NYC, with a nearby garage...based on location, it may even be the Edison ParkFast at 50 W. 44th. (I haven't asked Sofitel.) Anyone stayed there with their Tesla and used their valet parking?

And/or...anyone used the Edison ParkFast garage at 50 W. 44th? It has car chargers and seems (for NYC...) reasonably priced. None of the parking locations in the area (I think only a few in NYC at all) have self-park/park and lock. Yes, I know, many of us--me included!--don't want to have a valet parking our car. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm more nervous, or less, about using a garage like this. From its location, I suspect Sofitel works with them anyway. Since they have car chargers, I'm not sure if it makes it a better place to take a Model S or not (would they have someone who knows how to drive it already...would they baby my baby...etc. ;-) ).

Any first-hand recommendations for/against either/both options?

Alternatives are taking the SUV or one of those cheap buses like Bolt, etc. (Several of my friends recommend recommend these services.)

Thanks in advance, NYCers and those who visit NYC! :)

We'll be at the Sofitel next weekend. They have some kind of no-in-and-out valet thing...no doubt as with most hotels in NYC, with a nearby garage...based on location, it may even be the Edison ParkFast at 50 W. 44th. (I haven't asked Sofitel.) Anyone stayed there with their Tesla and used their valet parking?

And/or...anyone used the Edison ParkFast garage at 50 W. 44th? It has car chargers and seems (for NYC...) reasonably priced. None of the parking locations in the area (I think only a few in NYC at all) have self-park/park and lock. Yes, I know, many of us--me included!--don't want to have a valet parking our car. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm more nervous, or less, about using a garage like this. From its location, I suspect Sofitel works with them anyway. Since they have car chargers, I'm not sure if it makes it a better place to take a Model S or not (would they have someone who knows how to drive it already...would they baby my baby...etc. ;-) ).

Alternatives are taking the SUV or one of those cheap buses like Bolt, etc. (Several of my friends recommend recommend these services.)

To me it's a cost and convenience question. Is it cheaper to take the train or the bus when you factor in tolls and parking? Do you need the vehicle while in NYC or will it be parked the whole time? How much crap are you bringing and will it be difficult to manage on public transportation? If you're driving and then will park the car for 4 days, take public transport.

Can't comment on the specific lot, you may want to consider one closer to 9th or 10th Ave; will certainly be cheaper and it won't be a terribly long walk if you don't need the car frequently

To me it's a cost and convenience question. Is it cheaper to take the train or the bus when you factor in tolls and parking? Do you need the vehicle while in NYC or will it be parked the whole time? How much crap are you bringing and will it be difficult to manage on public transportation? If you're driving and then will park the car for 4 days, take public transport.

Yeah, these are things we're mulling over.

Can't comment on the specific lot, you may want to consider one closer to 9th or 10th Ave; will certainly be cheaper and it won't be a terribly long walk if you don't need the car frequently

Thanks. I found a site that listed garages and rates on a nice map, and I looked east but not west.

I can say yes to both. Loved the sofitel, though I went and parked the car myself because I didn't know about their service beforehand (just pulled up nearest charging locations). Nothing bad happened to my car while there, but I also grew up in NY and am not phased by a little scratch or two anyway.

If you are ok with the West side, I recommend this. They have two spots that are self-park for charging. You might still need to leave your key though out of 3 times I did not. I didn't park it overnight though. Of course, they may be taken when you come so plan on it at your own risk.

I can say yes to both. Loved the sofitel, though I went and parked the car myself because I didn't know about their service beforehand (just pulled up nearest charging locations). Nothing bad happened to my car while there, but I also grew up in NY and am not phased by a little scratch or two anyway.

Thanks, just to clarify, you stayed at the Sofitel (good to know it's good :) ) and you parked at the Edison ParkFast?

I'm not so much worried about scratches (well, okay, a little...) as about joyriding, etc. that most folks worry about with other people parking/handling the car when you're not there. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

If you are ok with the West side, I recommend this. They have two spots that are self-park for charging. You might still need to leave your key though out of 3 times I did not. I didn't park it overnight though. Of course, they may be taken when you come so plan on it at your own risk.

Cool, thanks for the tip! It's a bit more of a hike, but worth considering.