Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the X Finally Here? (

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. We are big Tesla fans and have practically every possible car and reservation (except a Roadster). My husband drives a Sig S, I drive a production S and we have reservations for both a Sig X and a production X. And we live in California. Tough to tell from us what the deciding factor could be. Really disappointed I can't go. :-(

So far, I have only seen Sigs (X or S) getting invites... Got mine at 12:37pm PST/local time. Unforunately, getting from San Jose to Hawthorne Thursday evening is a bit tough so had to decline! I did suggest that they should have a Satelite feed, along with touchy-feely cars, at Fremont plant. I suspect it's being held in Hawthorne to minimize traffic at the plant. It looks like they are kinda busy there right now!

;-)

So far, I have only seen Sigs (X or S) getting invites... Got mine at 12:37pm PST/local time. Unforunately, getting from San Jose to Hawthorne Thursday evening is a bit tough so had to decline! I did suggest that they should have a Satelite feed, along with touchy-feely cars, at Fremont plant. I suspect it's being held in Hawthorne to minimize traffic at the plant. It looks like they are kinda busy there right now!

;-)

I got an invitation and I am in The Netherlands!! So I can't attend. But I am a Signature, that's true.

Got a invitation this evening, have a EU X signature and Production reservation.
Would be fun, but to far tarvelig from Norway to California for one evening to remember. :)
Guess the D is for Demo, and the second letter would also be a D.
Demo Drive or dubble D.

Just put in a reservation, have to get airplain tickets, plase to crash in LA and a tour at the Palo Alto factory would be Nice.

Last edited:
My best guess is that "Model X" concept has become Tesla D. Can't see them making such a big deal just to lift the veil from a (ta-da!) Model S, even if it did have 2 motors. People aren't waiting with bated breath for a revised Model S. They HAVE been waiting for over 2 years for the Model X to arrive! :biggrin:

Now, if they want to throw in a dual-motor MS as a "one more thing...", I'm down with that :)

How does that work? Not that it's likely I'd drop everything and fly in from Toronto, but do you have to be on some sort of VIP list or do they just target owners in the area?

I've got the invite, and I'm in Ottawa. It may be that they're sending out to everyone, but not simultaneously due to email traffic limitations. (However I am a Sig S and Roadster owner.)

Oh, and there's fairly convincing evidence on the "D" thread - someone found a Model S with a P85D badge on it. Probably dual motor.

My best guess is that "Model X" concept has become Tesla D. Can't see them making such a big deal just to lift the veil from a (ta-da!) Model S, even if it did have 2 motors. People aren't waiting with bated breath for a revised Model S. They HAVE been waiting for over 2 years for the Model X to arrive! :biggrin:

Now, if they want to throw in a dual-motor MS as a "one more thing...", I'm down with that :)

I don't think D is another car. They didn't say "Model D". I was thinking dual engine at first put someone mentioned it might mean developer. Maybe opening up the SDK?

People are definitely waiting for 4WD.

Sig X holder from Florida, got the invite. Wish I could go! There has to be an X reveal.

The invite doesn't seem to be person-specific. I clicked on the link and there was an area to put my name in and # of guests. Seems anyone could have used my invite.

Last edited:
D for disappointed it’s not the X reveal. My vote is for Dual motor and some new features, like driver assist.

Hope I am wrong.

Be positive. If dual motor is here, then that's the main X thing done, and then it would make sense that they'd be able to reveal the X Beta at the same time. By offering 4WD on the S at the same time as the reveal on the X Beta they'd also reduce the number of people who'll sit on their money waiting for the X so they won't have to work hard to anti-sell.

In addition: it's frikkin' 4WD BEV!