Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get key ring into MS fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up yesterday. In love. They gave me those neoprene cases for each key fob but I am not interested in using them. The fob has an insert area for what I assume is a key ring, but I can't get it in there for the life of me. I tried a thinner key ring that is very flexible but won't go in. How do you get it in? Or am I supposed to use a string some how? If so, where did you get a string, I assume tesla provided?

Just picked up yesterday. In love. They gave me those neoprene cases for each key fob but I am not interested in using them. The fob has an insert area for what I assume is a key ring, but I can't get it in there for the life of me. I tried a thinner key ring that is very flexible but won't go in. How do you get it in? Or am I supposed to use a string some how? If so, where did you get a string, I assume tesla provided?

I used very small zip ties.

b85a5f5150d23ef38489c9da3731f4da.jpg

Last edited:
I don't use a key ring. I attached a small plastic decorative piece with a small zip tie as illustrated. The last thing I want is a bunch of keys banging into the fob and cracking it. And I keep my keys and the fob in separate pockets or away from each other. 15 months now and my fob still looks new.
DSCN9211.jpg