Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Google Maps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m planning a trip from my home in New Jersey to Richmond, VA. I thought I had read somewhere that Google Maps can be used to plan a trip such that the locations of Superchargers are shown along the way. So, I tried to plan the trip, on my desktop PC, by entering into Google Maps:
· Superchargers NJ to VA – Maps shows some but not all Superchargers
· Supercharger Freehold NJ to Richmond VA – Maps result is worthless
· Freehold NJ to Richmond VA Superchargers – Maps result is worthless
· NJ to VA Superchargers – Maps shows some but not all Superchargers
· Entered Superchargers plus specific addresses for my starting point and destination – Maps result is worthless.
Does anyone know how to plan a trip via Google Maps such that the Superchargers are shown along the way? (Yes, I know that I can get the locations of Superchargers on the Tesla website.)

Use supercharge.info for the locations of the Superchargers; that's the easiest tool I've found.

EV Trip Planner lets you do routing and has good range estimators.

But, really, depending on where you are starting in NJ there are only a few you need to worry about--on the way down, probably Newark, De (at the travel plaza) and Woodbridge, VA (Potomac Mills parking lot). Depending on how much destination charging you can do, you may want to hit Glen Allen, VA, just outside Richmond.

I'm not aware of a way to do it with a general search (i.e., not knowing the city the supercharger is located in). If I'm running down I-95 I'd enter Home to Tesla Supercharger Newark DE to Tesla Supercharger Glen Allen VA to ... Destination. As noted, the cities for the superchargers can be found on either the Tesla site or supercharger.info. If you use the Tesla site I suggest the Find Us page as it has a map with supercharger locations rather than a listing by state.

supercharge.info has all the superchargers shown on a map, and EV trip planner does a great job of routing you through superchargers.. I've been adding superchargers (at least on the west coast) on the Google Maps Editor but they take a while to be approved and shown on the map. It would be people could pitch in to add and "thumbs up" the supercharger listings so they can be shown faster.

Yeah, as the text on my map notes, it is for high-amp L2 chargers (there used to be no way to filter for those on other maps, and in fact it's still hard). I started adding Superchargers when they first came on line, but don't want to duplicate supercharge.info, or Tesla's map, or Plugshare. And Google Maps doesn't allow enough pins. In fact I thought I'd taken all the Superchargers off the map, but I guess not, so I'll do that now.