Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla complimented during Microsoft's Windows 10 introduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zaxxon

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2012
Colorado
During the Win10 announcement event, Joe Belfiore mentioned Tesla in a pretty complimentary way: "We want all these Windows 7 users to have the sentiment that yesterday they were driving a first-generation Prius... and now with Windows 10 it's like a Tesla."

Making ground on entering the public consciousness...

The "Tesla" of _____

More and more these days I've been seeing Tesla's name used in a way similar to how Cadillac's name has been used in the past to indicate an item is of premium quality: "The Cadillac of Dishwashers" etc. Tesla's name, though, seems to mean "evolution of" instead of simply a premium version.

During their presentation today, a Microsoft exec stated

"We want all these Windows 7 users to have the sentiment that yesterday they were driving a first-generation Prius... and now with Windows 10 it's like a Tesla."

Tesla has some pretty impressive brand image going for them. I know there have been other instances of this, but couldn't find it offhand.

They got a dig into the Fisker Karma in that article as well.

6sYTfH0k08DD6WfVJdOxl1sHiP9nD.jpg

At least for me... I hate Windows!!! Its the most unreliable OS I've ever used, period. So anything Windows named or has it as an operating system, I run the other way.
Ok, I'll bite. Do you have any links to stats on this (2nd sentence)? Clearly (1st and 3rd sentences) you're unbiased, so certainly you'll have some scientific data to back up such an assertion.

I think its an insult the other way around :( At least for me... I hate Windows!!! Its the most unreliable OS I've ever used, period. So anything Windows named or has it as an operating system, I run the other way.

There's a reason why Unix is running on Tesla's.

Unreliable? I can run Windows 7 for weeks on end nowadays without degradation in performance. That was virtually unheard of in years past. And before you bring up the Mac OS.... what the two operating systems have to accomplish is on completely different scales. Windows supports an unimaginable variety of hardware - most of which is buggy itself - built by god knows how many manufacturers, all arranged into an effectively infinite number of ways, each arrangement creating it's own potential set of hardware & driver conflicts. And, of course, whether the bugs are in the 3rd party hardware or 3rd party drivers, inevitably Windows is blamed. That Windows can run for weeks at end without degradation is nothing short of astounding. Apple, by restricting their hardware, has a far far easier job.

I wouldn't use Windows to run a car either. And I wouldn't take a 787 to the shopping mall. A car O/S needs to be as basic as possible. Windows, by necessity, will never be simple.

And for what it's worth, the only fault with Windows 8 is the absence of something like a conventional start menu - which people make much noise about. In retrospect MS made a few bad decisions there. Other than that, it's every bit as fast and reliable as Windows 7.

Windows 10: Not good enough to be Windows 9...

If you don't know the reference, Windows releases are generally said to be good at the odd numbers (Win3, Win5 (XP), Win7), and bad at the even numbers (NT 4.0, 6.0 (Vista), Win8).