Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat creak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone else have a creaky drivers seat? when i get into the car in the AM and lean back to get comfortable and situated, the seat creaks. when i make a slow right turn in my neighborhood and the car body rolls, the seat creaks. started about a month ago but getting worse. :crying: just wanted to get any feedback on TMC before contacting service.

I had a similar issue with my driver's seat. The creaking got steadily worse until it started driving me crazy. It was something inside the seat, I could cause it if I rolled my back along the seat in a particular way. The SC took a look, decided it couldn't be repaired, and replaced the seat. I had to wait a month or two for the part to arrive. Better talk to the SC and get the process started, just in case.

I had a similar issue with my driver's seat. The creaking got steadily worse until it started driving me crazy. It was something inside the seat, I could cause it if I rolled my back along the seat in a particular way. The SC took a look, decided it couldn't be repaired, and replaced the seat. I had to wait a month or two for the part to arrive. Better talk to the SC and get the process started, just in case.
thanks Gizmo! i will contact the SC and hope for a similar resolution.

So for anyone on this thread/who had this problem, I JUST realized I have this on my PASSENGER side seat. Ironically, I only found it out when my Model 3 had a sound problem after a screen black-out and I was driving in silence for awhile before I figured out how to restore the sound with a Power Off move on the screen settings.

When I accelerate and decelerate, even a little bit, the passenger side seat totally squeaks. It's not noticeable unless it's absolutely quiet/no radio, but it's pretty annoying and kind...Cheap sounding, for lack of a better term. I took delivery 12/30/18, so it's been almost 7 months, and I'm due for a complimentary tire rotation change (I think this is included at the service center after 5000 miles driven, is that still true?), so maybe I can ask them about fixing the seat also? At first I thought it might be the interior paneling on the passenger side, but it seems to be the seat if I listen closely.

I have unfortunately a laundry list of other minor but annoying complaints that I have to tell them about (Gear Shift casing that says "P D R N" etc is not flush & starting to peel off, The screen has reset 3-4 times and gone blank sometimes while driving which is scary, Rear Camera occasionally goes blank while reversing, Radar seems to have very jumpy animations for nearby cars which seems like a camera calibration problem and makes my Autopilot go crazy sometimes, etc)...I'm wondering if I should tell them about it all at the same time?

Other than that, I really really love my Model 3, but sometimes I just feel like I'm driving a very buggy iPhone that keeps having software problems! :p

Where is it creaking from? Is it the plastic pieces that cover the recline pivot point? My seats had squeaks in that area when I would move the seats, and during any hard chassis loading. The plastic trim is composed of multiple pieces that rub against each other and squeak.

I used some trim tools to separate the pieces enough to apply some Tessa fleece tape to the points of contact, taking care to position the tape to not be visible once everything was buttoned up. No more squeaks.

I may have done this throughout the car. Along with dynamat.

does anyone else have a creaky drivers seat? when i get into the car in the AM and lean back to get comfortable and situated, the seat creaks. when i make a slow right turn in my neighborhood and the car body rolls, the seat creaks. started about a month ago but getting worse. :crying: just wanted to get any feedback on TMC before contacting service.

Is it leather rubbing on leather? Mine was incredibly noisy but it was my side bolsters rubbing on the sliding center console leather. I bought a tube of this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWLDALQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

put a tiny dab on the seat area where it rubs against the console and it's still completely silent after a month.

edit: yikes didnt realize someone necrod this ancient beast.