Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston Commons loses 2 charging pods to Zip Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All:
I have an apartment in Boston across from the Boston Commons parking garage. Needless to say it's very convenient to park and charge the car there. Although lately its getting harder and harder to find a free pod to charge at. But everyone there using the pods have been great EV citizens. I always try to move the car after its topped off but I have noticed that some people have abused the privilege. Mainly it's been the Zip car people that return the vehicles. There where 4 Charge Point pods there 2 exclusively for EV's and 2 for EV's/Hybrids. I just noticed the other night that 2 of the charge pods where now only for Zip cars and if you charged there you would be TOWED away!!! There's an e-mail address on one of the rate sheets that I plan to complain to [email protected].

Dan

very common problem in san diego. theres a company out there 'car2go' which has a fleet of Smart EVs and when people are done renting them they park them and plug them in at the public charging stations and they stay there until they are rented again. so much of the public infrastructure in san diego is blocked by these car2go EVs that just sit idle at the stations for days causing real EV drivers to be 'ICED'. I even know one guy on here signed up for the service because it was happening so frequently he signed up so that he could move the car for his Tesla. they charge per minute or per mile or something like that so it cost him like $0.35 to hop in the car and move it out of the charging spot so he can charge his Tesla, lol.