Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greetings from Toby in Osaka

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As so many other people here in the introduction thread, I've been reading and following the activity in this forum just about every day since quite a while back. I'm especially enjoying reading about the stock, and the technical aspects about the car and the battery, but really don't have much expertise in these areas.
So, anyhow, I'm a Swede, living in Osaka since 2009. Have been working for the Japanese clothing brand Uniqlo for just about four years, and will be working for Ikea Japan from October 2014, hopefully selling solar panels there in the future if they decide to expand that business :) I have been following Tesla since the roadster days, but just starting to buy TSLA stock when it was 100$. I had a Model S test drive here in Osaka in July 2013, and my dream is, obviously, to own my own Model S. As an ordinary shop staff at a clothing store (soon be working at IKEA though) I normally wouldn't even consider buying car that was new, but rather a used one maybe around 10~15 000$. However, as I continue to but TSLA stock i just might be able to afford it someday :D
Because I've been living in central Osaka, I can really see how gasoline cars pollute the environment. Many people here sleep in their cars, leaving the engine running for several hours while parked, same goes for all the taxis, and it's horrible. Every time I hang out my laundry on the balcony I have to wipe of this black layer of pollution first, not very nice. I will never ever be able to buy a gasoline car, that's for sure. On the other side, I'm looking forward to a very clean and green future :D
So, a big hello to everyone on the forum!
(Picture is from my test drive)

Attachments

• Test drive.jpg
    Test drive.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 313
Welcome, I know what you mean about the pollution living in big cities. I've noticed the same thing myself living in a busy part of the world.

Hopefully over the next few years this will be much improved as more electric cars are adopted!

Hi, Toby, greetings from Tokyo! We've got the first delivery in September and I enjoy driving it every day!
Hope TSLA goes up and you can get Model S for free :)

Come over to Japan thread in Asia Pacific section. Currently we only have one thread for Japan in English and another in Japanese :)

zag2me, hiroshiy, tdelta, thank you so much for the warm welcome (and I'm sorry for my late reply!)

Hiroshiy, I do put as much money as I can into TSLA every month, so it won't be for free, but yes, it depends on the stock if I can get it or not ;)
Tdelta, I don't have the "S" yet, but I hope I can get it some day :) The picture is from my test drive.