Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peer2Peer (P2P) EV Sharing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to try a Tesla but I do not want to deal with the bureaucracy and complexity of the showroom. After all you only get to go a few blocks from the dealership listening to a sale pitch and being told do thid..do that...turn here...stop here.... Wouldn't it be nice if a Hollywood Tesla owner graciously offered to let me try his or her "baby"? EvPal

There is no such thing as a Tesla dealership. And they do not hit you with a high-pressure sales pitch. (No commissions for them.)

Why don't you set up a test drive, let them know you're not interested in buying right now, and see what happens? You might be pleasantly surprised.

Try reading the forum or using Google or your favorite search engine. You will find lots of this information.

You can schedule your drive online, in person or over the phone. To order you can do it online or in CA they can help you in the store order it online.

Store employees are not on commision so no high pressure sales tactics & trying to upwell things you don't need, you place your order in store or from the comfort of your home, its all the same & since everyone pays the same price negotiating & haggling is eliminated.

Not to mention I think you might have a bit of a problem convincing people to let go of 'their baby' to a complete stranger for a test drive, when all that person had to do was go down the street to the store for a test drive.

Nothing personal, but no. I'm delighted to show off my car, give people rides, etc. But not under the circumstances stated here in the OP. At EV events, yes. Because someone wants to avoid the store? No.

Consider reserving a Model X now, this gives you a place in line if that is the route you end up taking, the deposit is refundable so you have nothing to loose but gain lots of flexibility (X deposit can be used for a S purchase)

There are currently 20k reservations without pricing & the car officially being revealed so production for 2015 is pretty much sold out, if you don't have a reservation & the X is a hit with reviewers then who knows maybe mid 2016 before you get your hands on one.

At the Seattle store this week they were giving out free "a day with a Model S" for people that leave a biz card in one of the showroom car frunks. I think if you win they give you a fully charged p85, in exchange for a gazillion signatures, and they pick it up in the evening. Haven't won it myself so can't comment first hand.